Snowy creek

This is a discussion on Snowy creek within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Might be as simple as using the dodge tool with a large soft brush... or a levels adjustment layer with a mask to only apply ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snowy creek

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Might be as simple as using the dodge tool with a large soft brush... or a levels adjustment layer with a mask to only apply to the near foreground. You have indicated that it's not OK to edit your photos, or I'd play with it some.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I LOVE Minnesota winters. This one's been great for snow.

This is a nice capture. Pleasant and peaceful scene. I agree with Dane, maybe just a wee bit whiter in the foreground. Maybe?
    ~Vinnie

The Black Dog's Photographer
    Minolta Maxxum 7D
    Fuji FinePix S7000
    Minolta x-700
    Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B
    Seneca Folding Scout
    Holga 120N
    Polariod One Step

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Might be as simple as using the dodge tool with a large soft brush... or a levels adjustment layer with a mask to only apply to the near foreground. You have indicated that it's not OK to edit your photos, or I'd play with it some.
    Thanks for the tips, I will play around with it and post the outcome.

And blackdogs, I agree, This year we have had more than enough snow, yearly average for MPLS airport is 42" and they are sitting at about 38-40" right now. Here in Saint Louis Park I am sitting at 41.2" Driving around minneapolis is a real task however due to how narrow the roads are.

*edit*
    here is what I came up with, what ya guys think?

Nikon d7000- d5000 18-135mm - 55-200mm - 35mm f1.8 - tamron 11-18mm - 18-55mm kit lens turned into macro - sb600 - sb800 speed lights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links