Minneapolis Skyline and Stone Arch Bridge

This is a discussion on Minneapolis Skyline and Stone Arch Bridge within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; OH I KNOW ABOUT THAT........I went across it every morning in low traffic..I told my daughter that was working with me, no way in #### ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OH I KNOW ABOUT THAT........I went across it every morning in low traffic..I told my daughter that was working with me, no way in #### we were going on that going home in traffic....they turned it into swiss cheese..holes everywhere.+all the crap they had piled on it..it was a sure thing to collapse...note the day it fell they just got done piuring all the new WET concrete..had we gone that way ,,time wise from when we left the studio we would have been right there..we would go the long way to 280 then south.....i was inside home depo when my daughter called me from the car.....screaming..THE BRIDGE COLLAPSED ...she thought i was nuts...not anymore,,

always listen to the voice inside!

as for the astone arch..you can see the concrete the reinforced it with......made it heavier to sink better too.lol

mendoda bridge is the scary one..after the 35w fell people would hit 80mph to get across mendoda..lol
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by stradawhovious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richphotos View Post
    Cool shot, I dont think I have ever seen it from this angle. was this from across the river? The stone arch makes for great shots, Ive used it a few times.

Thanks! At the north end of the bridge (across the river from the mill city museum) there is a staircase just to the west of the bridge. (about ten feet from the bridge deck) That takes you right to the bank of the river and makes for some really great shots. If you're in the area, I highly recommend a visit there. If you go at night I recommend the buddy system, or get your carry permit. There can be some very interesting and not-so-well meaning folks there after the sun goes down.
    Thanks! I am over there quite often, I will have to check out the other side of the bridge. I usually stay on the mill city museum side, and your right. there are usually quite "interesting" people out around that area at night.
    Nikon d7000- d5000 18-135mm - 55-200mm - 35mm f1.8 - tamron 11-18mm - 18-55mm kit lens turned into macro - sb600 - sb800 speed lights

ever go down here? north east side
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    say cheeseburger!!!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    ever go down here? north east side
    Can't say that I have. That's a neat little bridge to nowhere! I will have to check it out.

it has a big wooden staircase to get down there...if my knees were not so bad i would have gone
    say cheeseburger!!!

Even with the 'torch' building it's a work of art. I must be addicted to colour. Toning down the torch would be nice though.

Beautiful city-scape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links