*NEW* River w/ Guide Rocks HDR (2 pics)

This is a discussion on *NEW* River w/ Guide Rocks HDR (2 pics) within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; 1. HDR 2. Single Exposure - PSE7 - I personally like this version much better....

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    1. HDR

2. Single Exposure - PSE7 - I personally like this version much better.
    Nikon user

Please visit my smugmug site!
    http://chadslaterphotography.smugmug.com/[/url]

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right" - Robert Hunter

Shpongled
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Some interesting color casting and fuzziness going on here. Did you take this handheld? I like the composition though.
    ------------------------
    Nikon D200
    Tamron 17-50mm VC
    Sigma 10-20mm
    SB-600 + Gary Fong Lightsphere
    Phottix Plato Wireless Remote

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyentific View Post
    Some interesting color casting and fuzziness going on here. Did you take this handheld? I like the composition though.
    This one is sharp as a tack, especially the rocks. I resized to a very low res. to post. Tripod, 3 image, +/-2, 1 - 10 sec to capture water blur
    Nikon user

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right" - Robert Hunter

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Fantastic. IMO this is one of best shots I've seen from you since I've been here. I have nothing to critique, other than to say the image looks (to me) as if it the color is a little off -- seems to have a slight green/yellow cast(?)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
    Fantastic. IMO this is one of best shots I've seen from you since I've been here. I have nothing to critique, other than to say the image looks (to me) as if it the color is a little off -- seems to have a slight green/yellow cast(?)
    Thank you for the comment! I also saw the green/yellow cast in #1. So, I took a single exposure image and processed in pse7 resulting in #2. I think it is much better. Thanks again.
    Nikon user

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Beautiful scene, Chad, and nicely capture!
    Daniel

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice hdr`s results Chad...Good work...I like it...Greetings
    Photogear: Canon EOS 400D (Canon Lens EF 18-55 mm USM, EF 75-300 mm USM, Tamron AF 28-80 mm, AF 70-300 F4-5,6 Quantaray....Sony dcw-30, Carl Zeiss lens

The color does look a little off but it's a great shot. I love #1. I took me a few seconds to figure that they were rocks in the water though
    ___
    this is my sig

Shpongled
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Overall, I like the single exposure better. The lighting seems like it was very soft all around making the HDR process not really "necessary" and more of a filter or "effect." The one part of the HDR version I prefer over the single exposure is the tree reflection in the stream. There is an eeriness that I really like about it. If you can match the color cast on both versions, you could try layering the two images in photoshop and just layer-masking in the reflection portion from the HDR.
    ------------------------
    Nikon D200
    Tamron 17-50mm VC
    Sigma 10-20mm
    SB-600 + Gary Fong Lightsphere
    Phottix Plato Wireless Remote

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links