First try at HDR

This is a discussion on First try at HDR within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; For some reason, they look a bit out of focus when I save them, but appear fine in the photomatix screen. Any opinions on my ...

Little Talent, Lots of Luck.
    PHOTO EDITING OK

For some reason, they look a bit out of focus when I save them, but appear fine in the photomatix screen.

Any opinions on my first try?

Sony A200
    18-70 Kits Lens
    Minolta 100-200 f/4.5
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7

I will use a watermark when my pictures get good enough for someone to steal.

Equipment
    Canon 5d mark ii, Canon 50d, Canon Rebel XTi, canon and sigma lenses, Flashpoint M Series Strobes, Canon Flashes, a ridiculous amount of light modifiers:)
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    how many exposures are you using to create each image? It looks like you have the strength setting up a little too high. A lot of halos in the images. I'd say the first two have potential.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    First 2 are the only ones I really thought had any value. I am reprocessing them right now... I didn't really understand all the settings. 3 Exposures, 1ev apart.

I'll repost when I'm done.

If anyone could give me some tips on tonemapping, it would be greatly appreciated. I think that is the only thing I am having some trouble with. I play with it but can never get it like the ones I see.

Also, should I shoot at 1ev intervals, .7ev intervals or .3ev intervals?
    Sony A200
    18-70 Kits Lens
    Minolta 100-200 f/4.5
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sony A200
    18-70 Kits Lens
    Minolta 100-200 f/4.5
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I like the originals better. You're getting posterization in the clouds now. I actually like the one of the stump too. Even though there is some haloing, it is not as pronounced as in the last shot. Keep playing with those sliders.
    Canon EOS 40D, EF 28-135 IS, Canon EF 100 Macro, Sigma 10-20, Canon 100-400 IS USM.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks chopper. I went out to practice again today, so more will be coming!
    Sony A200
    18-70 Kits Lens
    Minolta 100-200 f/4.5
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links