New York City in a Lovely Shade of Tonemapped

This is a discussion on New York City in a Lovely Shade of Tonemapped within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Yesterda I edited some of the New York City photos I took last Saturday. When it came to the architectural shots I tonemapped the single ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Yesterda I edited some of the New York City photos I took last Saturday. When it came to the architectural shots I tonemapped the single RAW image to get some great simulated HDR shots.

I got to this photo and and I stopped in my tracks when I saw the shot after tonemapping! Take a look at the skyscraper on the left! The sunlight shining on the building created a.....HEART! ! I couldn't believe it and I felt it was really special. This was not manipulated.

I call this: I HEART NY

This photo of Times Square has become another favorite of mine from the Saturday mainly because I love how the sun is shining in the top left of the photo and then the light literally makes its way across the street like a spotlight.

I call this: MUTED CITY

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Jen these are awesome - I love the police car - great perspective on that and the catch on the heart is a classic

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Excellent shots Jen! That heart one is really cool, your processing (HDR) is simply amazing! Great job!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Unbelievable!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Awesome as usual HDR Queen.

Kinda cool too, that I know pretty much where you were standing for each one of those shots

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks all! I'm glad you liked them. Thank goodness you all convinced me to shoot in RAW. What was I thinking before! I could have 7 months of RAW shots to look back through and tonemap. Instead I have a pile of jpegs that can't be salvaged when they come out icky.

I'm almost done processing the rest from that day.

I'll have a few others to share from the day and then it's off to the next batch of pics to process!
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    those pics are so nice!!!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Great shots! The real question is....did you tonemap the raw file or did you process the raw three times and combine your 16-bit tiffs?

I think you owe me one!
    Canon EOS 40D, EF 28-135 IS, Canon EF 100 Macro, Sigma 10-20, Canon 100-400 IS USM.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Great shots! The real question is....did you tonemap the raw file or did you process the raw three times and combine your 16-bit tiffs?

I think you owe me one!
    LOL I actually did it the lazy way - I toned mapped the RAW file for these.
    Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links