Holiday Preparations!

This is a discussion on Holiday Preparations! within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Just waiting for the pressies to go under the tree now Jen Interesting I would have though the HDR might have toned the lights down ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Just waiting for the pressies to go under the tree now Jen

Interesting I would have though the HDR might have toned the lights down a little.

Anyway its got me all feeling Christmassy now

Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I've finally finished decorating the Christmas Tree. Took me a while since I first put it up.

You've seen the first 2 photos in the post below but I wanted to share all 3 including the final version of the tree with all of our various ornaments on it. I realized later that I should have put all of the purple & white ones up, took a photo, and then the fun collectible ornaments but I didn't think of it until it was too late.

WITHOUT Garland
    4 exposures....I'd have to look back at the others to see what they were.

AFTER Garland was added

Final Tree
    3 exposures

And while I was taking my multiple exposures Lucas decided to lay down right in the shot.
    He must have throught I was setting up the tripod to take his portraits.
    Couldn't resist snapping him although he didn't work out to well as an HDR
    (and he couldn't sit perfectly still for me):

I also decided that I might do the 2nd photo as my Christmas...not sure yet. I may thing of something else...not sure but I have to get working on them soon!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Took a quick break from typing to tell you that I love your tree! Lucas in the shot just adds to it lol. Great work on these. I would love to see your tree without multiple exposures, just for reference, I suppose. I love the warm feeling to your photos. Awesome work, Jen.
    [b]Nikon D90*Nikon D40x * Nikon 18-55mm * Nikon 55-200 * Nikon 50mm 1.4
    My desire in photography is to capture the essence of life, to make others catch their breath at the purity of the moment captured, I'm still working on that.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Locus, thanks

I would love to see your tree without multiple exposures, just for reference, I suppose. I love the warm feeling to your photos. Awesome work, Jen.
    This is a quick one with the flash on for you ya in Extra Large size: http://jenweaverphotography.smugmug.com/ph...28866291-XL.jpg
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

In Limbo
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Nice work Jen, Really diggin' the angel!
    TURKEY

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Locas, thanks

I would love to see your tree without multiple exposures, just for reference, I suppose. I love the warm feeling to your photos. Awesome work, Jen.
    This is a quick one with the flash on for you ya in Extra Large size: http://jenweaverphotography.smugmug.com/ph...28866291-XL.jpg
    [/quote]
    Wow!! It is amazing at the trasformation using multiple exposures. I had assume that your room was a warm tan/brownish color. I would never had guessed that they were white. Simply stunning Jen.
    [b]Nikon D90*Nikon D40x * Nikon 18-55mm * Nikon 55-200 * Nikon 50mm 1.4
    My desire in photography is to capture the essence of life, to make others catch their breath at the purity of the moment captured, I'm still working on that.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That looks like a fun project! I took some indoor pics like this, and for some reason, the HDR seems to accentuate the the orange cast of the tungsten. Don't forget your temp slider in Photomatix if that's what you're using.

Does it get any cozier than a freshly decorated tree with a good curled up next to it?
    Canon EOS 40D, EF 28-135 IS, Canon EF 100 Macro, Sigma 10-20, Canon 100-400 IS USM.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks for commenting Randy!

Wow!! It is amazing at the trasformation using multiple exposures. I had assume that your room was a warm tan/brownish color. I would never had guessed that they were white. Simply stunning Jen.
    THanks Julie. The walls are white at the bottom and then there is a chair rail waistlevel (well mine and your waists at least! ) and then the top portion of the walls are a sage/mint green.

I love how it warmed up the room.

That looks like a fun project! I took some indoor pics like this, and for some reason, the HDR seems to accentuate the the orange cast of the tungsten. Don't forget your temp slider in Photomatix if that's what you're using.

Does it get any cozier than a freshly decorated tree with a good curled up next to it?
    I turned off all of the lights in the room except the Christmas Tree lights so I think that's what made the more warmish yellowish cast.

Thanks for the reminder about the Temp slide in Photomatrix. Since you have to use the drop down option at the top to get to that I ALWAYS forget to use it! Thanks!!!
    Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Jen I think these came out really well - all attempts I have had in the past with Christmas trees look awful - the HDR looks the way to go - our tree goes up Saturday so we will see - we haven't a nice big space like you to put it in though (only little houses here in the UK, unless you are a soccer player or own half of Yorkshire)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    P.S. The final versions on these are awesome! They turned out really nice. I would use the one with the dog!
    Canon EOS 40D, EF 28-135 IS, Canon EF 100 Macro, Sigma 10-20, Canon 100-400 IS USM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links