Sandbar Blues

This is a discussion on Sandbar Blues within the IR & HDR Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; :O Beautiful! My jaw actually dropped! How did you get this? I'm not too swift on technical photo things yet, or photoshop, it's hard for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandbar Blues

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    :O Beautiful! My jaw actually dropped! How did you get this? I'm not too swift on technical photo things yet, or photoshop, it's hard for me to understand and use :S

Werner
    Nearly missed this one!
    Phantastic HDR! Great location you found there. Congratulations
    Werner

In Limbo
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    :O Beautiful! My jaw actually dropped! How did you get this? I'm not too swift on technical photo things yet, or photoshop, it's hard for me to understand and use :S
    Its 3 tripod based shots taken at different exposures, from underexposed to overexposed. The 3 images are then combined in a single High Dynamic Range (HDR) file with a program called Photomatix . After tone mapping adjustments I then take the image into Photoshop for some final tweaks, mostly contrast and color correction. You can learn more about HDR processing at this link www.hdrsoft.com

Thanks guys for looking and commenting!
    TURKEY

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Its 3 tripod based shots taken at different exposures, from underexposed to overexposed. The 3 images are then combined in a single High Dynamic Range (HDR) file with a program called Photomatix . After tone mapping adjustments I then take the image into Photoshop for some final tweaks, mostly contrast and color correction. You can learn more about HDR processing at this link www.hdrsoft.com

Thanks guys for looking and commenting!
    [/quote]

'Dawg, how much exposure comp did you use on the three? hdrsoft.com says 3 images 2 stops apart - others say 5 images 1 stop apart, some say as many as it takes to go from pure black shadows to pure white highlights!

BTW, just wanted to say once more how much I like this image!!

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.
    (Albert Einstein)

In Limbo
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    'Dawg, how much exposure comp did you use on the three? hdrsoft.com says 3 images 2 stops apart - others say 5 images 1 stop apart, some say as many as it takes to go from pure black shadows to pure white highlights!

BTW, just wanted to say once more how much I like this image!!
    Dane, this image was 2 stops apart ...I mostly shoot HDR's with my cameras bracketing mode set a 2 apart, but of course it all depends on the lighting of the scene.

I’m glad you like the shot, I'm very proud of this one.
    TURKEY

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks for the info. I've kept my auto bracket set to +/- 1 up 'til now. Gotta change it and go find something to shoot!

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Beautiful shot, This is the type of image
    that would look great hanging on a wall =)

The colours are really vibrant and the subject/composition
    are really well done.

Great shot
    "Seeing is just for a second, a photograph is for life"

Nikon D300
    18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor
    105mm f2/8G IF-ED AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor

MRD Photography: http://www.mrdphotography.co.uk
    My Blog: http://www.mrd-photography.blogspot.com

Paint the sky with desire
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That is a wonderful image Randy!

I hope you've got it framed and hanging on the wall, or at least going to do that?
    Colblue's Blog[/url]

Likes Eskimo Bars
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Oh.....my.....goodness!!!! What a killer shot! I could stare at that for hours. I'm loving the rust color on the hull, the deep blue sky peeking out at the top left, and the still water at the front left foreground. Everything about this shot is wonderful. You're rightly proud of this one, Randog!!
    A bit older and a bit wiser

In Limbo
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Solor, Col and Anty!

I really love this image, I have print orders from nearly all my friends. I will also be printing out a 30" x 40" print for display as the centerpiece of my living room.

Wow! Jeanne, I haven't heard from you for a while. I hope you're doing well, thank you for commenting!
    TURKEY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links