>> Fresh Meat <<

This is a discussion on >> Fresh Meat << within the Introduce Yourself forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; Hello everyone!! I'm new here, as well as to the world of photography. I mean, I've been taking pictures forever, but there's definitely a different ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PHOTO EDITING OK

>> Fresh Meat <<

Hello everyone!!

I'm new here, as well as to the world of photography. I mean, I've been taking pictures forever, but there's definitely a different feel when you hold your first DSLR in your hands, am I right? I feel almost... inadequate to even touch it... (although, I feel a Harry Potter-like rush every time I hold it... that's... normal, RIGHT??)

Ok, a little about me: I'm 25 years old (if only for the next 4 days... *sigh*) and I've been living in Miami for the past 12 years (I'm originally from Cuba). I love this city and I'm excited to re-discover it from a new point of view: my viewfinder! I recently got a Canon Rebel XS as an early birthday present from my boyfriend, who saw me miss most of the real-action birthday party for my best friend's son because I was so into playing with their Nikon. I've always liked to play photographer, but my introvert nature did not allow me to get out of my shell much... however, I'm learning to spread my wings. I have a couple of projects at hand for the next few months, including a possible internship with a professional photographer. I'm excited!!

Well, do you have any n00bie rituals? I'm ready for whatever you got!!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forum, and happy birthday!

No rituals - jump right in!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks! I'm already having a blast looking at everybody's photography. It's a little intimidating, I'll admit, but at least I'm getting lots of ideas and discovering tips. =)
    "Eres el desastre mas bello que ojos humanos han visto."

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome to the forum!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome Loony from the UK, no initiation rituals, though that does raise possibilities - I'll never forget as an engineering apprentice being sent to to stores for a left handed spanner.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Ah, the UK, my dream travel destination. I'll make it there soon, and that will be the day I will fill up my 32gb memory card every day... :P

I think it's a good idea to have a ritual for the new members... maybe a photo assignment to start with!! Something challenging and fun -what you went through was just mean. lol

Thanks everybody for the welcome, having a good time so far!! =)
    "Eres el desastre mas bello que ojos humanos han visto."

welcome
    Orlando Wedding Photographer William Arthur Photography

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forums. You're enthusiasm will, no doubt, take you far.
    Tim Campbell

PHOTO EDITING OK
    hello there

m a novice photography is my 2nd living art personally having a pro zooming my own & passing my off time with this toy

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi there.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links