100% absolute newb.

This is a discussion on 100% absolute newb. within the Introduce Yourself forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; Hello photoforum, My name is Brent and I reside in southern California. I finally after months of online reading and what amounted to be useless ...

Cool

Hello photoforum, My name is Brent and I reside in southern California. I finally after months of online reading and what amounted to be useless stress, bought myself my first dslr. I had borrowed a co-workers Nikon d5000 a couple of times to "check it out" and ended up purchasing a Nikon d3100. So far I'm loving it, very user friendly and beautiful pictures come out of it. I talked myself into the d90 but then convinced myself to spend less on the body now and more on lenses, and that I'll step up in body when I fully understand what the hell I'm doing with the one I got. Anyhow, I look forward to meeting everyone and I'm excited about the things I'll learn here. Thanks for providing such an informative site, maybe one of these days I'll feel confident enough to post up a pic for everyone to beat me up over.

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forum!
    Admin

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hello and welcome Brent!!
    * Kristey *
    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, - And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost
    Canon Digital Rebel 60D

Thanks guys! Like I said before I really look forward to all thats available here for my learning experience. What's the best thread for me to post pics for input but without being scrutinized for not being a pro?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by click-click-boom View Post
    Thanks guys! Like I said before I really look forward to all thats available here for my learning experience. What's the best thread for me to post pics for input but without being scrutinized for not being a pro?
    I don't think anyone is going to scrutinize anyone who is trying to learn and get better!! This is a very positive group and you will learn a ton is you are willing to take constructive criticism. You can always start in the brutally honest post section. The posts in there seem to get a lot of notice and constructive ideas and help on improving. If you are interested in a specific form of photography you can post it whatever suits your fancy. Good luck and happy posting!! I look forward to seeing some pictures
    * Kristey *
    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, - And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost
    Canon Digital Rebel 60D

Quote Originally Posted by DayBug Photo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by click-click-boom View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to scrutinize anyone who is trying to learn and get better!! This is a very positive group and you will learn a ton is you are willing to take constructive criticism. You can always start in the brutally honest post section. The posts in there seem to get a lot of notice and constructive ideas and help on improving. If you are interested in a specific form of photography you can post it whatever suits your fancy. Good luck and happy posting!! I look forward to seeing some pictures
    I didn't mean to ensenuate that I thought the group here was in anyway negative or rude. I'm just nowhere near "photographer" status and actually I was very nervous about the brutally honest thread
    That being said, I'll never find out what I'm doing wrong or right for that matter unless I throw it out there. I'll post a pic I took the other day that I thought came out pretty good and see what happens. Thanks again guys and make sure you go check out my pic in the brutally honest thread and let me know what I did right and wrong... I can' wait to learn more and more!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome to the forum!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    hello Brent,welcome to the forum.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forum. I can honestly say that you will get alot of positive feedback from what ever your weeknesses are. I've been to other forums where they assume you should know what web site you should have visited first, and that you should have known that your question has been asked a thousand times and you should have known better than to ask again. You don't need to worry about that here. I never feel
    worried about asking anything and get nothing but decent feedback. Good luck on your future endeavers into the photography world and i'm sure we can all help.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links