Yup.....another newbie!

This is a discussion on Yup.....another newbie! within the Introduce Yourself forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; Hey All! Well, I figured today was the day I'd make the introduction, though I must admit, I'm a little bit (alot) nervous. I have ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hey All!

Well, I figured today was the day I'd make the introduction, though I must admit, I'm a little bit (alot) nervous. I have been lurking for quite a while, and I am just in awe of the talent you all have! I'm still in the learning phase, and am really excited to have such a place where I can come to ask questions, share photos, or just watch and learn. I've read around the forum quite a bit, and am so happy I found this place, the information shared here is amazing. My husband has sat with me from time to time also, just enjoying all your photos.

I've always owned point and shoot cameras, my Olympus C-5060 being the last, and then last year my husband bought me a used Canon Rebel, with a 28-135mm lens for christmas. My intention was to use the Canon to see if I enjoyed this type of camera, and if I did, graduate to a newer model. Well, needless to say.........I'm hooked, and would love to explore the possibility of taking this a bit further! Being an animal lover, currently I have cats and horses, I find that I am drawn to animal photography. I also very much enjoy photographing nature, landscapes, and I absolutely love macro photography!

My husband is being really supportive, and allowing me to invest in a new camera set up. I've been researching for quite a while, but I still have alot of questions, and am looking forward to learning what I need to know here. I think I'm set on the camera body I want to start (Nikon D700), but am still working on the lens I want to start out with for now, and the accessories I will need to get started as well.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you, and learning as much as I can!

Geri

Geri
    People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick

Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR, Nikon TC-17E teleconverter.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Gerri,

Welcome to Photoforum from the great state of Washington.

I'm sure you'll feel at home here. (lots of cat and horse lovers)

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and watch your new passion grow.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Stephanie Jean :)
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi Geri! Welcome!

I think you will really like it here, everyone is really nice and very helpful!
    Can't wait to see some of your work!
    ~Stephanie~
    ~Stephanie~
    "I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." Mother Teresa
    Me on Myspace
    sugadosio@att.net

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi I'm new here too,,, but I had to comment on the horses and cats... I love all animals and we just lost our dog after almost 15 yrs but was adopted by a cat and you know I didn't know I could love a little critter so much!! I might have some kitty questions for you as I'm not versed in having a cat. I can't wait to see your kitties!

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome!
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thank you everyone! Much appreciate the welcome!

Ms-Mari..........I'm so sorry for your loss, that must have been very difficult for you. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will gladly try to answer them if I can. I also have a very good friend in AZ who works for a ferral cat program, and she has probably been through just about every situation you can possibly be in with cats! She's a wonderful person, and always willing to help. I donate to them throughout the year, which is how I really got to know her. I own a small sewing business here at home, and sew fleece kitty beds for them when I get time. They send the kitty beds with the foster kittens when they get adopted out. We also were adopted by one of our cats. He was dropped off in our yard winter of 2006, and found my husband out in the barn. He was meowing up a storm, and the next thing I knew, my husband was at the patio door with this little red and white cat, asking if we could keep him! He's been with us ever since. I have two others, one being Lucy, who is in my avatar, and Patches, a calico......little Mz. Spoiled! I also have a 38" spotted leopard appaloosa miniature horse (hense "spotted1") who is my baby, and a big old haflinger driving horse. My husband and I enjoy driving the haflinger as a hobby we do together.

I am looking forward to sharing pictures soon. I'm having a bit of a monitor crisis right now, and will be replacing this older than dirt monitor by the end of the week.

Thank you again for the kind welcome!
    Geri
    People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick

Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR, Nikon TC-17E teleconverter.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome along fro manother newbie. I look forward to seeing your photos.
    People are like sausages: it's what's on the inside that counts. So poke them with a fork periodically.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forum!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links