"It's not easy being blue"

This is a discussion on "It's not easy being blue" within the Introduce Yourself forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; Hi, everyone. My wife's currently finishing off a photography course online (a course I'll be taking next term, actually), and we've been beating our heads ...

Hi, everyone. My wife's currently finishing off a photography course online (a course I'll be taking next term, actually), and we've been beating our heads against the monitor trying to find out who the photographer was who took the "Kermit in mourning" photo for cover of Life Magazine, July 1, 1990, the issue with the feature (as in my title) "It's not easy being blue", the tribute to Jim Henson. (She plans on centering one of her theses around that photographer.)

Does ANYone happen to have ANY idea who this person was? You have no idea how appreciated the info would be...

So hello again, and looking forward to getting deeper into the site. We love composing photos, and it looks like there's a wealth of resources and information here.

always learning!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This link takes you to a picture of the Life Magazine Cover you're referring to.
    click on this link

Have you contacted Life Magazine...if not there is a contact link at the above link I posted. They should be able to provide you with the photographers name I would think.
    this is my 'best' model....my granddaughter Hannah
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...gnaturebar.jpg

total newbie trying to make friends with my NIKON D40X W/18-55 II, 55-200 VR DX,
    Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma 30mm 1.4 and the SB 600

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Here's a site that claims to have a copy of the magazine for sale:

Life July 1990

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

This link takes you to a picture of the Life Magazine Cover you're referring to.
    click on this link

Have you contacted Life Magazine...if not there is a contact link at the above link I posted. They should be able to provide you with the photographers name I would think.
    *scratches head* Um. No. But that WOULD seem to be a logical solution.

Thanks - *mumbles* always over-look the obvious... *sigh*

Here's a site that claims to have a copy of the magazine for sale:

Life July 1990

Yeah, I've seen a few sites that offer it. Oddly enough, I'm SURE I saved a copy of it when it came out. I just can't for the life of me remember where I stored it. I have so many different sets and collections from over the years of all different kinds of things... When TheBoy (4-yr-old mammalian wrecking ball) is a little older, I'll take them all out of storage and categorize but, for now, they're packed secure enough for anything short of a nuclear blast.

Which makes it hard to find specific things among them.

Paint the sky with desire
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Colblue's Blog[/url]

always learning!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Were you able to contact the magazine? I'd love to know if you were successful in finding out the info you were looking for.
    this is my 'best' model....my granddaughter Hannah
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...gnaturebar.jpg

total newbie trying to make friends with my NIKON D40X W/18-55 II, 55-200 VR DX,
    Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma 30mm 1.4 and the SB 600

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome to the forum

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to this big community of photography and wishing a very good luck to your wife.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links