First post.......why not? :)

This is a discussion on First post.......why not? :) within the HDR this! forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; I have thick skin. Let me know what you think....

PHOTO EDITING OK

First post.......why not? :)

I have thick skin. Let me know what you think.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hey Shaun. My first post here too. Honestly, I surprisingly like the bulldozer one best. I like the softness of the dust contrasting with the harshness of the rubble. The last photo is interesting to me too because of the bright sunlight in conjunction with the storm clouds. Is that real or digitally enhanced? The contrast seems to be working here, at least for me, although I may have liked it even better with slightly less. The rest of the photos although technically fine as well, look somewhat mundane (as in not compelling) to me, but I might be biased because I'm not a big landscape photographer. That's not my area of interest. I do like the first image though although I feel that it would have made more of an impression had you made the structure fit in perfectly aligned. It's cockeyed and the impressive stature of the building would stand out more if the vertical and horizontal axis were squared. Anyway, I like photos that I feel are saying something to me. The reason the others didn't jump at me is because I didn't feel they were saying anything to me. A bottle of beer on the ground...So what? A gazebo..pretty, but what for? What's the context? What were you trying to convey when you took these? Maybe I can suggest what I would have tried to add... Oh, and nice exposure of sky. Rich colors all around.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the bulldozer too! The last one is a bit hidden, but if you are just starting out with HDR keep working with it. I do like the building in the first shot also.
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING OK
    nice set the excavator my pick as well

PHOTO EDITING OK
    like your first and last shots. bravo for your confidence to show your first post with photos! Congrats.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by photoloverpp View Post
    like your first and last shots. bravo for your confidence to show your first post with photos! Congrats.

Thank you all! I have a long way to go. This is just a hobby so I learn when I can and mostly by just getting out and doing it.

Equipment
    Nikon D700
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    By far my favorite is the bulldozer picture. I'm not the best at HDR myself, but I'm thinking about trying my hand in it.

Equipment
    Canon 560D
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    My pick is bulldozer. That is just superb and i am sure you have thick skin...

Myblog

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links