Twilight House Photo HDR

This is a discussion on Twilight House Photo HDR within the HDR this! forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; Hello, C&C welcome. #1 #2 Nikon d80, tamron wide angel @ 10mm, 5 or more exposures varied by shutter speed, f14, ISO 1000 Keith...

Equipment
    Nikon D80, Sigma 150, Tamron 60, Tamron 70-200, Tamron 10-24, Sigma 18-200, Vivitar DF383, (2) 500watt Softbox
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hello, C&C welcome.

Nikon d80, tamron wide angel @ 10mm, 5 or more exposures varied by shutter speed, f14, ISO 1000

Keith
    Keith Wickersham
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
    www.K-9Ranch.com

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by kwickers View Post
    Hello, C&C welcome.

Nikon d80, tamron wide angel @ 10mm, 5 or more exposures varied by shutter speed, f14, ISO 1000

Keith
    hiya, kwickers

I like both of these, and you've just inspired me to get back into HDR again. Whenever we are presented with more than one thing, I guess it's human nature to chose between them in terms of a "favorite". So, continuing that tradition, I'd say I like the second one better. But I have some reasons for that are related to composition. This isn't meant to be a critique, but just an observation of my one personal reaction.

In the first one, the windows of the house, being like eyes, sort of, are looking off the frame. And the garage doesn't add much and is "looking" in the opposite direction. There is a moon or star in the center of the sky and the green panel on the house, but all-in-all, I feel sort of torn.

This is entirely reversed in the second image where we see the house head-on with a nice contrast between green and the red mulch in the front continuing with the lilacs on both sides that provide a kind of framing.

But by far the thing I like most about it is the perspective you managed to achieve using that wide angle lens. The whole thing is spectacular, I think. And inspiring me to try more myself.

Do you use something like Photomatix for processing and toning?
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

If you had waited until it was darker then you could have used longer exposures which would have kept some details and color in the sky while at the same time brought out the colors of the light shining through the windows. Also when shooting like this the image looks better if you can correct for the lens distortion, in my opinion.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    i prefer 2# both are good

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links