The Crowned Prince

This is a discussion on The Crowned Prince within the General Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; 1957 Dodge Coronet: Shot this one out in front of my shop. I can't decide which I like better the color or the conversion. I ...

In Limbo
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    1957 Dodge Coronet:

Shot this one out in front of my shop. I can't decide which I like better the color or the conversion.

I hope I am not overwhelming you guys with too many car shots.

Thanks for looking!
    TURKEY

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Great Randy, not overwhelming me....Sheer Beauty here! I guess this is Dodge's Wings for the '57 model year...
    Glad you showing in B&W and in color too, Auto restoration is an "ART" too...
    looking at the parking lamp or driving lamp on the front...is that a LED cluster they're using for bulbs? What was the hood ornament here?

Did you PS the B&W's, noticed the red tail lamps turned white?

Good Title!
    Rob
    Nikon D300 & D70 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon 18-70mm | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Olympus EVOLT E-500 | Zuiko 14-45mm | Zuiko 40-150mm | OM - 4/3 adapter | Assorted OM lenses
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

In Limbo
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Rob, no I didn't mess tail lamps, they just converted that way. I think it has something to do with them being clear red plastic, I have seen it before on other conversions. Yeah those parking lamps are trippy, there not led's they are a bunch of bubbles in the plastic on both front and very top rear.

Here is a snapshot of the whole car, the hood ornament; it's kinda like a paper airplane.

I glad you got the title

TURKEY

Short Bus Monitor
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Rob's right - old cars were designed as art and restoring them is an art. These are really nice shots - great POV, comps, DOF! I think I like the tail pic in B&W and the front pic in color.
    The red lights becoming white in conversion? Is it possible your conversion technique is like applying a red filter on b&w film exposure. This will darken blues and lighten reds. I suggest this because it also looks as if the blue becomes almost a black in the converted shots. My Picasa editing program has an option to convert a color photo to b&w and then apply traditional b&w filters (red,yellow,green,or blue) and this is exactly what would turn out on a red/white/blue photo.
    Never Too Old To Learn

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I wonder what's in it? A Hemi perhaps?

Time to go to the house...catch y'all later...
    Rob
    Nikon D300 & D70 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon 18-70mm | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Olympus EVOLT E-500 | Zuiko 14-45mm | Zuiko 40-150mm | OM - 4/3 adapter | Assorted OM lenses
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

In Limbo
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I wish I could have got a look under the hood I know that a 354 Hemi with duel quads on top was an available option for ‘57.

Thanks Dave for the explanation on red light thing, I don't what going on there, I use channel mixer and exposure adjustments in CS2. but I think it looks cool anyways.

Thanks again guys!
    TURKEY

*Freakshow*
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Nice
    b/w all the way for me!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lost in a black hole...with no desire to be found
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what is a 'woodsac'? http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/7.gif

.... meh ....
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hi Randawg,

I love your car shots. Keep 'em coming

I initially thought I prefered the colour versions but the more I look at them the more undecided I am. I REALLY like black and white versions but it seems a shame to lose all that fantastic blue colour.

Can't decide between the 2 lots, but I love the shots

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I love the pov on the second ... and love the bw conv!!!

I think I cold smell a drive-in burger!

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links