Old Photograph

This is a discussion on Old Photograph within the General Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I have a very old photograph taken in Hungary. I know for a fact that it dates back to before 1890 but I donít know ...

Thread: Old Photograph

I have a very old photograph taken in Hungary. I know for a fact that it dates back to before 1890 but I donít know how much earlier. I have done a lot of research by looking at clothing etc. in the picture. None of it is conclusive.

I have been advised to visit this topic. I am now wondering if there is any expertise available by looking at it in terms of known stages in the history of photography and their approximate dates.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Looks like it could be tintype or ambrotype... a process that came in in the 1850s and was very popular.

ďTry and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.Ē
    (Albert Einstein)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links