DIY MACRO LENS! (Tutorial Video Included)

This is a discussion on DIY MACRO LENS! (Tutorial Video Included) within the General Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; PLEAAAASE watch the video and let me know if this is the sort of thing you'd like to see more of. That is, a video ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    PLEAAAASE watch the video and let me know if this is the sort of thing you'd like to see more of. That is, a video tutorial to accompany any specific techniques that I may have used in a photograph.

Watch the video

Hey guys!

Last night I decided that after over a decade of shooting it was about time to play around with some macro stuff. Which sounded terrific and all, except for the lack of an actual macro lens in any of my lens bags! Yep, I'll admit it, I've never owned a macro lens.
    Anyway, over the years I had seen several DIY projects on making a 'macro lens' on the cheap. While I've tried several of these projects I had never been satisfied with the results they offered. SOOOOO.... I began to experiment with some old digital gear and
    was able to get something kinda-sorta-eh-not-really shots. As you can see the biggest problem I ran into was getting a tilt/shift effect (which I personally am not a fan of).

The good news however is that I've finally designed a 'macro lens' that does a terrific job! I'll be posting photos that I've taken with it and a tutorial video on how you can build your very own if you'd like to.

Best,

Brad

My sock:

Thorn on rose bush:

Christmas Light:

Many more coming soon.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hey Brad what's up? Although I hardly comment, I'm a fan of your images. I just thought I would tell you that if you say 'FREE' in your title than most people will think it's spam and move on. I know you're not but newer people might. Didn't mean to jump off topic but thought I'd throw it out there.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by smckeag81 View Post
    Hey Brad what's up? Although I hardly comment, I'm a fan of your images. I just thought I would tell you that if you say 'FREE' in your title than most people will think it's spam and move on. I know you're not but newer people might. Didn't mean to jump off topic but thought I'd throw it out there.

Sean,

Good to hear from you man!
    And your 100% right, your point is completely valid. It makes complete sense... The moment I see "Free" anything I automatically assume it to be spam. As such I'm going to take your advice and change the title.

How have you been otherwise man?

Brad

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links