Ready to build

This is a discussion on Ready to build within the General Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Taken today in Wickford RI...

Thread: Ready to build

Taken today in Wickford RI

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Any story on the bricks? -the reason I ask is some seem to have frogs and some don't - just made me curious

Frogs are the indentation made in the brick - introduced in England I believe in the 16th century

The bricks were to be used for the sidewalk. The whole street was being repaved with sections of the bricks. Wickford is an older established village. Most of the houses were built between 1750 and 1850. It's a really quaint area.

I guess the bricks were picked to fit in with that era. I would not have known that, how come you know the difference in bricks?

I guess the bricks were picked to fit in with that era. I would not have known that, how come you know the difference in bricks?
    Though I don't speak personally with a lot of the ppl on here, I'm sure you will find that someone knows something about any topic that you happen to post! I love coming here for interesting facts, support, critiques, and knowledge!!!

Thanks to all who have been a part of my journey in photography!

I like the bricks We have a pile of them with 'frogs' that were dug up in our back yard, so thanks for that bit of knowledge.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Though I don't speak personally with a lot of the ppl on here, I'm sure you will find that someone knows something about any topic that you happen to post! I love coming here for interesting facts, support, critiques, and knowledge!!!

[/quote]

I learn something EVERY time I visit the forum!!!! That is one reason I enjoy the forum so much!!!

Frogs or not, nice shot with a nice caption.

Frogs or not, nice shot with a nice caption.

Thanks.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links