Is this forum dead

This is a discussion on Is this forum dead within the Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; Seems many of the posts are old as dirt, and there is little to no interaction among members. Do I need to hit a certain ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is this forum dead

PHOTO EDITING OK

Is this forum dead

Seems many of the posts are old as dirt, and there is little to no interaction among members. Do I need to hit a certain number of posts like I am on a probationary period, or is it truly that "dead"?

I don't think the forum is dead. I just think there are a lot of members that don't post or comment. We need to encourage people to be more active.
    Orlando Wedding Photographer William Arthur Photography

Quote Originally Posted by William Arthur Photography View Post
    I don't think the forum is dead. I just think there are a lot of members that don't post or comment. We need to encourage people to be more active.
    I cant think of a better definition for a dead forum than a forum whose members dont comment or post. Ive been away a while and from what Ive seen there hasnt been a new post in a long long time, except for a couple of new members responding to really old posts. The problem isnt unique to this site but seems to be happening to many good photo forums.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by William Arthur Photography View Post
    And another issue is, people now a days using social media sites as like forum! I have seen the same kind of scenario in most of the forums as well!

Equipment
    Canon 7D ll w/400 5.6 & Sony a6000 w/24 1.8
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I am very curious as to what the problem is. Looking around at other photo forums it's clear the "deadness" is unique to this one. What a shame. Myself I have tried to jumpstart it a bit with a bunch of posts...but nothing, no response.

This isnt unique with this site. Other sites are holding on by a thread. There are at most less than half a dozen people here responding to posts. A few newbies come in and without paying attention respond to posts 4 or 5 years old.

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I don't know...it seems unique to me. There are numerous sites (won't name them as that would be poor form) that are way more active. But you may have hit the nail on the head: it looks like here we'll have to wait 4 or 5 years for a response.

Its not in bad form at all to name other sites. PhotographyBB just closed its doors after a few good years. Steves Digicam Forums is hanging on by a thread. Only half a dozen people who respond, similar to this place. I imagine there are a few thriving but I dont know who they are. There are a new type of photo sites with daily and weekly contests. Your entries get judged by the entrants themselves. Just not the same as a site like this.

Equipment
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well no photography forum will survive if people don't post pictures so that't what I plan to do.

Ya thats about it Oddzilla. People post images that go ignored, and yet people respond to posts years and years old posted by people that are no longer around. Hard to figure anyone out. But its on oxygen thats for sure. Also posting the kind of stuff you have been posting won't get much response. At least not for about 4 or 5 years if whats happening now is any indication.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links