Alternative to Pocket Wizard

This is a discussion on Alternative to Pocket Wizard within the Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; I just purchased a used speedotron d1604 light set. the person who i purchased this said that its a good idea to get a pocket ...

I just purchased a used speedotron d1604 light set. the person who i purchased this said that its a good idea to get a pocket wizard. i understand the freedom to move with the camera vs having it wired (excuse the wording as i am trying to get familiar with the photography terminology) where you are stuck and can move so much. but he mentioned that having it wired can damage my camera. i have a canon rebel xti. is this true. being completely new, i am trying to learn the fundamentals for my work graphic and web designer as i plan on using the light set quite often and my camera. would like to know if its ok to purchase a hard wired in the mean time until i can purchase a pocket wizard.

thank you in advanced for the replies. greatly appreciated.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    hello. some times there is a voltage issue with some older strobes. i use 80s model white lightning strobes.
    so to be safe i use wireless triggers like pocket wizards but cheaper. i get mine from ebay and have been using
    them for around 3 years with no issue's at all. they are all price ranges. i think i payed around $25.00 for mine
    shipping and all. i got tired of tripping over wires when i shot with i hard wired system. the freedom is way worth it.
    hope this helps.

rick
    JUST BE NICE THATS ALL.
    Richard Olson
    http://www.photographixms.com
    email photographix08@yahoo.com

For studio, you can get away with the cheaper versions, for weddings I need the reliability of PWs. As far as using a sync cord with your Canon, you will want one of these - Wein Safe-Sync HSHS - this will protect your camera from the higher output of your older strobes.
    Life is made of moments. I capture them.

thank you guys... this definitely helps a lot. as i will purchase try to find the Wein Safe-Sync HSHS until i can purchase the pocket wizard.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links