Lemons

This is a discussion on Lemons within the Food Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; As it is Shrove Tuesday today I though I had better make the most of these lemons in a sunbeam yesterday morning, before we use ...


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Lemons

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swindon,Wiltshire,UK
    Posts
    4,811
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    As it is Shrove Tuesday today I though I had better make the most of these lemons in a sunbeam yesterday morning, before we use them up with our pancakes





    Thanks for looking
    Karin


    Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!


  • #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Higham, South Yorkshire
    Posts
    29,002
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I had forgotten Karin, thanks for reminding me, what do they say "When life throws you lemons, make lemonade" - I've been doing a lot of that lately

  • #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cochranton, Pa.
    Posts
    8,081
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I do like a few drops of lemon on fish sometimes and lemonade goes well with vodka but I'm not sure what to do with lemons about pancakes but I love pancakes...

    Funny the color shift between 1 & 2; 2 looks a bit like a lemon I got about a year ago and put in a bowl on top of the refrigerator and then forgot about for about a year. Funny how they just sort of dry out while oranges get moldy. I wonder what would happen with a grapefruit.

    I really love that granite surface.

  • #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swindon,Wiltshire,UK
    Posts
    4,811
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by marionet View Post
    I do like a few drops of lemon on fish sometimes and lemonade goes well with vodka but I'm not sure what to do with lemons about pancakes but I love pancakes...

    Funny the color shift between 1 & 2; 2 looks a bit like a lemon I got about a year ago and put in a bowl on top of the refrigerator and then forgot about for about a year. Funny how they just sort of dry out while oranges get moldy. I wonder what would happen with a grapefruit.

    I really love that granite surface.
    I'm not sure that your pancakes are the same as ours Bill-IIRC yours are smaller and thicker and more like what we would call scotch Pancakes or drop scones. For Shrove Tuesday ours are a flour,milk and egg batter,a couple of spoonfuls of which are fried in a little butter in a 6" or 7" pan(they're really thin) until lightly golden on one side then traditionally tossed to turn them over and be browned on the other before rolling them and sprinkling with sugar and lemon juice.

    I also like lemon with gin and tonic covering it
    I think the colour shift is my processing I hadn't really thought about lemons drying and oranges moulding but now I do you're absolutely correct

    Karin


    Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

  • #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    211
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    we call `drop scones`flap jacks i believe, same batter but a little thicker and a touch of baking powder!!! gotta add a little cinamon to brown sugar and a squeeze of lemon on pancakes (the flat thin ones) and vodka coke with a slice of lemon...bit early unfortunately also noticed the difference in colour there


    Nikon D90, kit lens Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 55-200mm VR, Nikon 50mm 1:1.8, Tamron 90mm 2.8 Macro, Cullman Nanomax 250 tripod

  • #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cochranton, Pa.
    Posts
    8,081
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Lol, here in the good ole Hew Hess Hay, I think the only variations in pancakes are big ones and little ones, and plain ones and ones with things in them. I think it's kind of astonishing that the people who make microwaveable foods don't make microwaveable pancakes of any sort.

  • #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swindon,Wiltshire,UK
    Posts
    4,811
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by wehttam View Post
    we call `drop scones`flap jacks i believe, same batter but a little thicker and a touch of baking powder!!! gotta add a little cinamon to brown sugar and a squeeze of lemon on pancakes (the flat thin ones) and vodka coke with a slice of lemon...bit early unfortunately also noticed the difference in colour there
    Flapjacks over here are like a muesli bar-fruit and nuts with oats all in a rich golden syrup "glue"


    Quote Originally Posted by marionet View Post
    Lol, here in the good ole Hew Hess Hay, I think the only variations in pancakes are big ones and little ones, and plain ones and ones with things in them. I think it's kind of astonishing that the people who make microwaveable foods don't make microwaveable pancakes of any sort.
    Without careful watching they'd probably dry up in a microwave,or they'd need a sauce to keep them moist.
    Karin


    Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

  • #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    474
    Equipment
    Canon XTi Rebel and my imagination
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I miss crepes. With a little powdered sugar and lemon......................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

    ---------------------
    Greg

  • #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    16,727
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Well, off-topic maybe... but this thread got me looking around and I found this humorous.

    Like what you've done with the light, Karin. Especially the second one.


    “Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)


  • #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swindon,Wiltshire,UK
    Posts
    4,811
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Well, off-topic maybe... but this thread got me looking around and I found this humorous.

    Like what you've done with the light, Karin. Especially the second one.
    Thank you Dane

    Excellent link I just love this

    ""How long does it take to make pancakes from a mix? 30 seconds to add water and stir. 3 minutes on the stove to cook? I’ve never had microwave pancakes, but I have to imagine that it will take at least 2 minutes to remove them from the packaging and heat in the microwave. “Good morning honey, I saved 1 minute and 30 seconds this morning making breakfast! I hope you like your cardboard pancakes. Here, just pour some sugar on top and you won’t even notice…”""
    Karin


    Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Remove Ads

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •