Home made Pizza

This is a discussion on Home made Pizza within the Food Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home made Pizza

PHOTO EDITING OK
    When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

PHOTO EDITING OK
    ME I love the brightness in the center, and the amount of cutter included. Looks like an experienced cutter

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I should have taken a picture of my homemade pizza.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Your photo has very little depth. You have taken it nearly strait on with a slight tilt. I suggest that you either shoot it strait on or really get a good angle on it, don't do it just a little.

Also your light spots are to large and to light.

Furthermore you have a rough edge around the entire photo, its not very appealing.

Even with food photography, remember the rule of thirds. You currently have that cut right down the middle, not very appealing, make your cut go at an angle by turning the pizza.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I'm guessing that the pizza's on the oven rack? Maybe pull back a little or take a pic of 1 piece on a plate would be good.The best pic would be of the pizza on a table and everyone is around it and picking up a slice.
    Now pleeeeeeez fedex me a slice?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Your photo has very little depth. You have taken it nearly strait on with a slight tilt. I suggest that you either shoot it strait on or really get a good angle on it, don't do it just a little.

Furthermore you have a rough edge around the entire photo, its not very appealing.

Even with food photography, remember the rule of thirds. You currently have that cut right down the middle, not very appealing, make your cut go at an angle by turning the pizza.

You seem to know a lot about rules.

But maybe forget to put them in practice?
    My equipment:
    Sony Alpha A350 w/BG-30AM Vertical Grip
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8
    Minolta AF 50mm f/1.7
    28mm f/2.8
    Sony HVL-F56 Flash
    Sony HVL-F36 Flash

PHOTO EDITING OK

You seem to know a lot about rules.

But maybe forget to put them in practice?
    [/quote]

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Stephanie, I believe you can take most of sipep's note with a grain of salt. This picture glows and I really want to eat what I'm looking at. Something I didn't say before but was thinking is the little pieces of smutz on the top left corner are a nice personal touch, like George's sauce drops.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I think sipep was somewhat right but it's not that kind of photo (and maybe a tad critical),she's not doing a commercial photo shoot although technically I think the pic (or the pizza) is good enough for either a cookbook or a newspaper. I hope that doesn't happen though because then everyone would start to eat pizza and gain alot of weight and then the inevitable would happen.....diet books selling out at christmas time.
    Personally, I expect stinging comments and if they are from a knowlegable person then I hope to learn from them. I also enjoy the encouragement because no matter what we are doing (or not doing) we are offering our point of view in a creative way.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Stephanie, I believe you can take most of sipep's note with a grain of salt. This picture glows and I really want to eat what I'm looking at. Something I didn't say before but was thinking is the little pieces of smutz on the top left corner are a nice personal touch, like George's sauce drops.
    Thanks Bill. It is just a picture I snapped real quick before we ate it.
    When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links