Which trigger / transceiver setup is best for me?

This is a discussion on Which trigger / transceiver setup is best for me? within the Flash forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Hey all! I recently shot a wedding where where I wanted to use my Nikon SB-800 as a "strobe" during the reception with softbox while ...

Equipment
    Nikon D700, 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, SB-910
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Which trigger / transceiver setup is best for me?

Hey all!

I recently shot a wedding where where I wanted to use my Nikon SB-800 as a "strobe" during the reception with softbox while using my SB-910 on-camera. Because of my constant positioning through the room, I wasn't always able to maintain line-of-sight with the 800 in Master / Slave mode, so the 800 rarely triggered (and I had to remove the softbox diffuser because it interfered with line-of-sight for some reason, so I ultimately only had a silver reflective umbrella).

I have an fm radio transmitter with 2 separate receivers, but the transmitter does not allow an on-camera flash. This is basically what I have now: https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Wirele...=Flash+trigger

What is the best / cheapest way to have a transmitter / trigger on-camera while still being able to use the on-camera hotshoe flash, and trigger an off-camera flash as a strobe?

i was looking at this transceiver set, but didn't know if it would ultimately provide my solution. https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Channe...iver+ttl+Nikon

Still relatively new to multiple on & off-camera lighting as I primarily use natural or single on-camera flash, so any help deciphering what it is I need is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You want cheap and good triggers look at Yongnuo triggers. They come in a pair for $35 CDN. I have two pairs of them and you can imagine the trigger combinations. They have never failed me. Just Google Yongnuo RF603N II. Ive had them a couple years and Im sure they have been upgraded even better.

I use Paul C. Buffs triggers and receivers

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    ive had good luck with yongnuo 568EX flashes and the yongnuo 622n radio triggers.
    the yongnuo triggers also worked well with my sb600 and sb700 flashes.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links