Still having problems - Canon T2i & Promaster 7500EDF Flash - Any suggestions?

This is a discussion on Still having problems - Canon T2i & Promaster 7500EDF Flash - Any suggestions? within the Flash forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Camera: T2i Flash: Promaster 7500edf (ttl enabled) I asked about this the other day, but I am still having a problem with the exposure when ...

Camera: T2i

Flash: Promaster 7500edf (ttl enabled)

I asked about this the other day, but I am still having a problem with the exposure when using this flash.

Canon has an exposure bar on the display screen that shows when you have a perfect exposure. It looks like this: -2...-1...0...+1...+2

Without an external flash, it works perfectly. When I attach my external flash (either ON the camera or off the camera), the camera doesn't seem to take into consideration the light it will throw when determining exposure.

For example, let's say I'm indoors. I have my shutter speed at 1/200, my aperature at 5.6, and my ISO at 400. My exposure, using these settings, is showing low, with the line at -1 on the exposure bar. However, when I use the flash, the end result may be blown (way overexposed).

Is there a way to get the 2 of them to talk to each other so that the camera can see what the flash will do to the exposure and display it on my screen? Anyone know? This is driving me nuts! LOL

I have the same problem with de Nikon D40... Only it's with the built-in flash.

As a result, I plainly ignore the metering system and adjust the lighting myself until I am pleased with it.
    It takes a couple of test shots, but the results are usually better than relying on the camera.
    My blog, containing a lot more photos:
    http://bjornvansteenbergen.blogspot.com

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I don't have this flash but I have had communications problems with canon's own that were similar. Does the flash read the aperture on the display? If not it is not communicating the ttl info. If your shooting in manual mode ttl doesn't do a good job manual flash is the way to go. Does it work in correctly other modes av,tv p etc?
    Get OUT and SHOOT Y'ALL...........Sitting at the 'puter don't make better photos!!!!!!

Some of my crappy photography on FLICKR

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links