Fill Flash Help

This is a discussion on Fill Flash Help within the Flash forums, part of the Photography Tips category; What is the best settings to use for on camera fill flash with a 550ex speedlight. Camera modes such as, AV,TV, Manual, and on the ...

Thread: Fill Flash Help

film2shoot
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    What is the best settings to use for on camera fill flash with a 550ex speedlight. Camera modes such as, AV,TV, Manual, and on the speedlight, ETTL, TTL, or manual. Should I use any exposure comp on camera or flash.
    Thanks
    Tim

I use Manual settings; exposure tweaking will depend on lots of external variables.
    I am a big fan of reflectors (gold), if you have an assistant...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Speedlight..Is that Canon? I can't remember..I would have to agree with putting it in manual mode for the greatest control. If I understand, I'm pretty sure TTL metering requires no exposure compensation because the light is read well...T(hrough) T(he) L(ens)..Don't quote me on that though.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by smckeag81 View Post
    Speedlight..Is that Canon?
    Generic: Speedlight = strobe = electronic flash = flash (does now, anyway, since flashbulbs aren't around anymore). It got the name speedlight because the flash duration was a whole lot shorter than flashbulbs.

Googled "fill flash" and got http://www.google.com/webhp#hl=en&sour...673716d440c1f33

I agree- probably manual settings. I've tried fill on "P" and sometimes it works, sometimes not. Your camera's manual should have something about it. It's a good thing to know how to use.

film2shoot
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks for all the help.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links