Firing wired and wireless flashes simultaneously

This is a discussion on Firing wired and wireless flashes simultaneously within the Flash forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Hello there, I want to be able to fire my 580EX II and my 380 simultaneously. I have the transmitter to fire my 580EX II ...

Hello there,

I want to be able to fire my 580EX II and my 380 simultaneously. I have the transmitter to fire my 580EX II wirelessly but I would like to be able to use both flashes in sync with one another. Is there some sort of off-camera flash cable that I can attach my transmitter, allowing me to fire my 580EX II to and use the cable for firing my 380?

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Dunno what camera you have, but you may find there's a round flash socket on the side of it, for a flash sync cable.
    My photo blog
    I use a Canon EOS 40D + various lenses.

Oh, I've got a Canon XTi and the ST-E2 Transmitter. I hope that helps. Eventually I want get a second 580EX II but since I already have the 380 I thought I would take advantage of it.

Full-Time
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Don't know the canon flashes, but the 580 is a flagship flash and I'd assume it has a built in master and slave functions?

In theory you would use the wire to trigger the 380 and set the 580 to slave.
    The 580 will detect the 380's flash and also trigger

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links