Do you like the new or old version?

This is a discussion on Do you like the new or old version? within the Fix This Photo forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; As a huge dog lover in Mexico, I couldn't help but notice all of the street dogs. There were so many loose dogs, some owned, ...

Exclamation

As a huge dog lover in Mexico, I couldn't help but notice all of the street dogs. There were so many loose dogs, some owned, some not.

I don't know why, but I like these two pictures, but I think they could be improved. Are these changes better or worse - or what would you do instead?

original version - has a nice warm, late afternoon look.

new version - too fake?

original version

new version - changed the tree color, contrast, exposure a bit ... is the sky still too white? Dog too dark?

I like the colours of the original of the first one - the edited one is a little too pink for me.
    The second one I don't see that many obvious differences apart from the cropping, and colour of the dog and tree - but think that one could look better with a different sky.

Was a bit bored so tried to play around with the second one for a few minutes to add another sky.
    The quality's obviously not that great as I only spent about 2 minutes on it, and the picture provided is very small - but at least shows you what it could look like with another sky and makes the image a little more interesting.
    Also did a little dodging and burning.

Quote Originally Posted by cwaddell88 View Post
    I like the colours of the original of the first one - the edited one is a little too pink for me.
    The second one I don't see that many obvious differences apart from the cropping, and colour of the dog and tree - but think that one could look better with a different sky.

Was a bit bored so tried to play around with the second one for a few minutes to add another sky.
    The quality's obviously not that great as I only spent about 2 minutes on it, and the picture provided is very small - but at least shows you what it could look like with another sky and makes the image a little more interesting.
    Also did a little dodging and burning.

Oh thank you so much for the inspiration!!! I never knew how to realistically change a sky. I have a book on CS3 (the version I use) and it mentions nothing about that. What did looks great ... I think a sky makes a wonderful difference!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Calift View Post
    Oh thank you so much for the inspiration!!! I never knew how to realistically change a sky. I have a book on CS3 (the version I use) and it mentions nothing about that. What did looks great ... I think a sky makes a wonderful difference!
    This is a very beautiful picture! I ask you to use PS made ​​it?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I also like the original picture of the first dog -I like the colors and the feel of it (for example the doors, look old and natural, adds to the feel and composition of the picture).
    "Eres el desastre mas bello que ojos humanos han visto."

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links