Holga

This is a discussion on Holga within the Film Photography Techniques forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; i was just wondering if ne one around here had used a holga camera and what their feelings on it was... im really curious about ...

Thread: Holga

PHOTO EDITING OK
    i was just wondering if ne one around here had used a holga camera and what their feelings on it was... im really curious about one right now.. help me out if you could..
    I live a black and white life.

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Admin

I just bought a Holga of ebay and I'm so excited! I've been going back and forth between a holga and a lensbaby but one of my professors told me to buy it and use it for a project I'm working on so we'll see how it does.

What are your questions about it? There are a lot of things you can do with Holgas which is why I like them.

This website has some nice ideas with examples: http://shop.lomography.com/holga/galleries/?album=12

Ebay is a good place to find cheap Holgas and many online companies such as B&H and Freestyle sell them.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    lots of Holga groups on Flickr too. lots of info in them.

actually most of the info revolves around "there's not a whole lot to know, they are so simple".

I'm on about my 8th roll now, so I'm pretty new to the Holga, but I'm having a total blast with mine.

http://www.holgabuzz.blogspot.com/

for some of my pictures.
    -=- Jerry -=-

Visit my site IR Buzz for comprehensive info on Infrared Photography

They are as simple as can be! Some terrific photos have been taken with them. It's just kind of a you never know what you're going to get camera.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hmm... this seems to be a thread from many moons ago, but maybe someone knows.

Are these sort of cameras a similar thing to my little Maximus?? http://www.photoforum.com/index.php?showto...&hl=maximus
    -Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

I am an avid fan of Lomography and I have a Holga 35mm camera and Diana on 120mm film format. In times of adventure the easiest to buy and look for a film is always a 35mm film that's why a Holga is always good Lomo camera. But Diana creates a more dynamic and unique images, a Diana's touch.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by empiregurl12 View Post
    i was just wondering if ne one around here had used a holga camera and what their feelings on it was... im really curious about one right now.. help me out if you could..
    I have a few of them and I love the results. They are not expensive so you can jump into film photography without breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links