Transparency Scanner

This is a discussion on Transparency Scanner within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; I am looking for a good transparency scanner to scan my panoramic 35mm photos. The 100 dollar epson perfection 3490/3590 I have been using for ...

I am looking for a good transparency scanner to scan my panoramic 35mm photos. The 100 dollar epson perfection 3490/3590 I have been using for years does not work and I can't rig it since programs like silverfast don't work with it. I have been searching for a scanner and am not sure if I am looking for the right thing. I definitely want to have the sprocket holes scanned in the document... so can anyone help me find a good, low price scanner that will do this for me? I like epson, but that might make it more expensive. thanks ahead of time for any help you may provide.

Hello, Most dedicated 35mm film scanners do not offer scanning areas large enough to capture the sprocket holes as well, they have a preset scanning area of 34.5 x 24.5 mm frames, you might be able to use a medium format scanner which scans larger formats and somehow rig the medium format holder to hold your 35mm negs.However these types of medium scanners are far more expensive. For standard 35mm films you might want to look at http://www.scanace.com/product/products.html, I have used a couple different models of theirs.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links