Similar to Chinons 70/80s cameras?

This is a discussion on Similar to Chinons 70/80s cameras? within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Hi, I have a Chinon CE4- which I think is from 1979 or 1980. Im very satisfied with it, its robust, un-plastic and feels like ...

Hi, I have a Chinon CE4- which I think is from 1979 or 1980. Im very satisfied with it, its robust, un-plastic and feels like a quality build. I would like to have a 2nd camera as a reserve though, even if I am a total newbie, anyway, what models should I look for? Probably Chinon is the given answer, but Chinon is a less common mark to find here in Sweden at car boot sales and charity shops. It doesn't have to be from 1979/1980 but have the same feel of robust quality, and preferable with PK-mount as the Chinon has that.

All the best // Dan

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The PK mount if I remember correctly is the Pentax K mount, one excellent camera from the period is the Ricoh XR-7, I used to have one with the f/1.7 50mm lens which was superb - it also had a smaller brohter called the KR-10.

Though any of the upper range of Pentax's from the period would serve you well.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The PK mount if I remember correctly is the Pentax K mount, one excellent camera from the period is the Ricoh XR-7, I used to have one with the f/1.7 50mm lens which was superb - it also had a smaller brohter called the KR-10.

Though any of the upper range of Pentax's from the period would serve you well. I used to (and still) have a Chinon 870 Super 8 Cine camrea which was a very nice piece of kit.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links