need help buying a slide scanner

This is a discussion on need help buying a slide scanner within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; i just inherited some of my grandfather's slide film and i want to scan it and photoshop them. any suggestions on which slide scanner? i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    i just inherited some of my grandfather's slide film and i want to scan it and photoshop them. any suggestions on which slide scanner? i know nothing about film and slide scanners because i never needed to.
    i would like one for around $250, but i can spend up to $500.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I have the Epson V700 and I love it. Just watch out for the flimsy carriers. It scans 35mm negatives and slides along with Medium Format negs. It acts as a document scanner too. Just throw the reflective mat on.

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    thank you sean for the advice and link. its a little over my budget, but i'll be taking a good look at this v700 over the next few weeks and weight out the price vs. the extra value.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    You're welcome. Happy hunting

Just you, me and a few Friends Hangin out, doin what we enjoy
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I used to have a HP scanner with a attachment that slides and neg's would slip into, 4 at a time, remove the attachment to scan docs. Used to do a great job with the stuff and I think it was around 3 bills several yrs. ago...good luck bro, those items are great to get to use in photoshop.
    Canon 7D, Canon 50D, Canon Rebel XTi
    Canon 50mm f/1.8.....Sigma 28-90mm f/2.8.....Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6.....Sigma 80-200 f/2.8.....Canon 28-135mmf/3-4.5

Recording History.......

My Profesional Page.....
    http://www.hodgesphotography.biz

[color="#000000"]Visit me on Face Book......

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Hodges-Photography-and-Design/200526194513?success=1&v=wall"]

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    videomarc - that sounds about like the scanner i have now.. even with the film attachment (35mm negs only, no slides) it doesn't do a very good job. i scanned in a bunch of old prints on it, did fine for that.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I bought old Epson Perfection 2450 off of Ebay for 40 bucks and it does the job!
    here is some samples http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=29293065@N...son+&m=text

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    thanks agalkin.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    For slides, a flatbed scanner is all you need. I would recommend Epson Perfection (V300 or V700)...did some test earlier with Kodachrome 120 transparency film and the result are quite impressive.
    Nikon D80
    Sigma 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro
    Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AF-D
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 AF

PHOTO EDITING OK
    If you do happen to choose the V700, here is Doug Fisher's solution to more durable carriers. Epson provides a quality product IMO but you think they would put the extra effort into making these stronger. If you are looking to use it heavily these are good. I only use mine for about 10 rolls of 120/220 a month and I've broken one of the clips on them.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links