Canon XH-A1S 3CCD HDV

This is a discussion on Canon XH-A1S 3CCD HDV within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Been a lurker in the forums for a bit, but this awesome camera finally brought me out of lurkdom. Gah, it's so fabulous! Just got ...

Been a lurker in the forums for a bit, but this awesome camera finally brought me out of lurkdom. Gah, it's so fabulous! Just got mine from Focus Camera (http://focuscamera.com/product.asp?id=964788073), and I finally feel like I have a camera that does my documentary work justice. Ordered it last week, and, even though the camera's tough to find, it was in stock and I got it in half a week. Granted, I am about 20 miles from the company HQ in Brooklyn, but it was pretty sweet just the same.

Pros:Fabulous image clarity, reasonable price, 5 lbs, important controls are programmable hard buttons, focus, aperture, and zoom are all easily accessible on the lens barrel, and the computer interface to the camera is a breeze.

Cons: If you take the camera out of auto mode, it takes a little know-how or a good reading of the manual to get things right.

Definitely five stars from this filmmaker!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links