Nikon F100 vs F5

This is a discussion on Nikon F100 vs F5 within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Hi, Right now, I have a 26 year old FM2 - yes, it's awesome, but it's getting too old for me too. I'm looking for ...

Hi,

Right now, I have a 26 year old FM2 - yes, it's awesome, but it's getting too old for me too. I'm looking for an SLR body that will last for the rest of my life. I'm an amateur photographer, and I only shoot B&W right now (I like developing my own film), but I want a camera that's good with color in case I start shooting in color later in life.

I've read that the weight of the F5 actually makes it feel more balanced and better in the hand, and I really like the mirror lockup feauture because my hands aren't the steadiest in the world.

Knowing this, what camera do you recommend for me? I'd buy a used camera, and nowadays the F5 isn't that much more expensive than the F100.

Later, Matt

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Any of the old Nikon pro cameras are great, personnally I would choose the F5.
    Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Edmund Blackadder

F5 , because it's printing EXIF in space between two shots on your film.
    And it's a bit handy

For now i use a fully manual FM2 from 80-s , as my second film camera.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    l have the F100 and regularly use the F5. l have a feeling that l like the 100 more than the 5. Picture wise l can't tell the different but the ergonomic counts.
    F5 is heavy and do the street shooting with it, after a while can develop fatigue, to me at least!

Nikon F5

Nikon F100

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links