Can someone look over these and make sure they're good?

This is a discussion on Can someone look over these and make sure they're good? within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; It's all stuff from eBay and I get a little skeptical buying things from there. I would just like someone to go over these products ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    It's all stuff from eBay and I get a little skeptical buying things from there. I would just like someone to go over these products and make sure they're good to buy and will go with my camera. I tend to get too excited and I don't want to be too rash and buy something that's not good just because I want it.

Now, I have a Promaster 2500PK, all the specs are on the website...but the short version is it takes Pentax K-mount lenses, hot shoe with x contact for flash and has a tripod thing on the bottom. And screw threads for a remote release.

Flash unit I want

Zoom lens I want

Remote release I want

Tripod I want

There's also a bag I want, but I'll worry about that later...because if all of this is good to get, I can have just about everything I want for my camera for under $100. Do note too that these are just for now...I want to upgrade everything once I get more funds.

Thanks!!

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi mpfcrs0819,

I'm sure you're aware of this, but beware everything show is absolutely the lowest quality accessories you can buy. I do understand your financial situation.

Would you consider buying the cable release and using the rest of your money to buy a much sturdier and taller tripod? Then save up for other purchases. I'm afraid you will be disappointed with your purchases and not be able to recover any money when you want to get rid of these items.

I also have an inherent distrust in "importer" ads. I would worry about warranty and customer service after the sale.

The decision is certainly yours, but I would personally opt for buying better equipment as my allowed. May take a little longer, but it's worth the wait. In the meantime, there's much that you can be learning an practicing with the camera and equipment your currently own.

Hope this helps.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Ahhhh I've created a monster........

Hub's already gone over most of the advice I can give ya.
    I'm very much like you in the ebay fever.......take your time and do it right is good advice.

Good luck
    Jay
    Get OUT and SHOOT Y'ALL...........Sitting at the 'puter don't make better photos!!!!!!

Some of my crappy photography on FLICKR

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks guys! That's why I wanted to ask here before I bought anything. I don't know too much about the accessories and wasn't sure if any of those were actually any good. I want all of those things for my camera, but I also want them to be good. I had looked at Camera Corner's website before I looked at eBay, but I couldn't find any k-mount lenses...maybe I need to look harder or go into the store. But thanks for saving me some money! I appreciate it.

Entourage said in court papers that he suffered a concussion, a ruptured eardrum, a burst blood vessel in his eye and a torn rotator cuff in the July 2005 scuffle with Iverson's security detail. The altercation occurred when the basketball star's entourage attempted to take over the bar's VIP section, according to court papers. No criminal charges were filed.

Piven, the Emmy-friendly star of Entourage,exited the production in December, 10 weeks early, citing health concerns related to mercury poisoning, which Entourage said he got from eating fish. In the statement, the producers noted that Entourage have requested "a wide range of relevant information" from Entourage about his "alleged illness," including "medical records and documentation of Mr. Piven's activities both during and after the run of the show." They also proposed that all information supplied be "subject to a strict confidentiality agreement."
    Blige recently guest-starred on Entourage

The L Word is the intimate story about the lives and loves of a group of lesbian friends living in Los Angeles. The show has received a lot of praise for its brilliant storylines and its portrayal of the lesbian community.
    The L Word is created and executive produced by Ilene Chaiken who also...
    Charlie is a well-to-do bachelor with a house at the beach, a Jaguar in the front, and an easy way with women. His casual Malibu lifestyle is interrupted when his tightly wound brother Alan, who's facing a divorce, and his son Jake, come to live with him. Together, these two and a half men confront the challenges of growing up; finally. Complicating matters are the brothers'...

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links