Kodachrome 25...

This is a discussion on Kodachrome 25... within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; i was changing my camera bags today and during this i found a roll of Kodachrome 25 that i got about 2 years ago with ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    i was changing my camera bags today and during this i found a roll of Kodachrome 25 that i got about 2 years ago with a used camera. I understand that this film probably shouldve been kept very cold, but does anyone know if it could still be used?
    ~Jesse~
    Canon EOS 40D
    Canon 50mm f/2.5 macro
    Canon 28-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi,

Kodachrome was discontinued by Kodak in 2001. So, your roll is at least 7 years old and probably 2 to 5 years past its expiration date. This is not a good sign. You could certainly use the film, but not for any critical work. Having it processed will be the next challenge since only a few labs still maintain a Kodachrome processing line. (Rocky Mountain Film Lab comes to mind) Kodak closed all their K14 labs in 2006.

Since the results are likely to be disappointing and expensive, you might want to add this roll to your film museum as the finest grain slide film Kodak ever made.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links