Retina IV Zoom

This is a discussion on Retina IV Zoom within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; [attachmentid=20593]I purchased a Kodak Retina IV in the middle 1960's, carried it all over the world, and use it yet today for its excellent definition ...

Thread: Retina IV Zoom

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    [attachmentid=20593]I purchased a Kodak Retina IV in the middle 1960's, carried it all over the world, and use it yet today for its excellent definition and reliability (there are some who might dispute that). I always though a zoom lens for a Retina might be the icing on the cake. Recently, I found that a zoom is possible. The camera is a Retina IV, the lens is a Voigtlander Zoomar 1/2.8 f:36 - 82 mm, and it is mounted on a miniature P&B tripod with a Kodak Model C centering attachment. A commonly found model of this lens is for a Viogtlander Bessamatic. However, a few escaped the factory that are made specifically for Retina Synchro-Compur shutters. An unusual catch that is rather heavy but mass brings inertia and that means handheld stability.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome to the forum - thanks for sharing - nice piece of old kit.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks for plus opinion. At the moment, there are no pictures with the zoom but here is one of a lovely kitty. She is a Ragdoll and her name is Keiko.

[attachmentid=20606]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links