Help me choose a more advanced SLR

This is a discussion on Help me choose a more advanced SLR within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Ok now that im getting older college presents itself by making my old minolta start to decay. So i need a newer camera that has ...

Ok now that im getting older college presents itself by making my old minolta start to decay. So i need a newer camera that has automatic features but can be controlled manually, ie focus, aperature, etc. I want to shoot some freelance to so what advice can you give me as to a good rugged, many featured 35mm SLR? i would like a built in speed film advancer if any exist. If you need more details ask. Thanks Oh and it cant be very expensive im on a budget .

I used a minolta x700 for awhile, just upgraded to a canon rebel eos 2000, i love it. Some great auto features along with the ability of manual features.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I love my Minolta X-700 MD-1 and Minolta MC ROKKOR-PG 58mm f/1. It just feels and sounds so right and it turns out images that are hard to beat with a 5D MkII and 50 f/1.2L USM
    Currently playing with my EOS 1V & 5D MkII + various L-Series, Minolta MC/MD, M39 RFs, assorted 70-80's fixed lens RFs and occasional MF TLRs

My film slr system was a Canon T70 that still works great but, at that age you never know went they will just crap out. I started searching for an afordable new 35 mm camera. On Amazon I found several dealers that had "NEW" Nikon F65 QD auto focus cameras that came with a Tamron 28-105mm, a Nikon battery pack and a soft case ($199.00). After researching the F65 I decided to give it a try but, I have not had the chance to use it yet. It has numerous program modes as well as full manual operations. After some more Amazon searches I found a "NEW" Tamron af 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 lens (89.00) and a three set filter kit ($15.00) and a shutter remote control ($5.99). All together it's was a little over $300.00. Everything I read about the camera says it a great entry level slr (and more advanced than the T70) and even though the Tamron lens are not top of the line they should be good enough for what I am doing.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links