Questions about Pentax

This is a discussion on Questions about Pentax within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; I'm a sophomore in college getting a degree in Photography. Our art program is very far from top notch, but since I have a full ...

Thumbs up

I'm a sophomore in college getting a degree in Photography. Our art program is very far from top notch, but since I have a full ride to this school I can't complain to much. In the fall I'm going to start taking all the film classes required for my degree (from the looks of it we really only use black and white photography) I already have a pentax k10 that I bought earlier this year. I already have quite a few lenses' the FA 50mm F1.4, DA fisheye 10-17mm, DA 18-55mm, and the Tamron AF 75-300mm F4-5.6. I've been doing some research for the past few weeks trying to figure out what kind of film camera I wanted to get. I would like to keep to the pentax name, so I don't have to start a whole new set of lenses but if I there is nothing that meets what I want I guess I will switch brand names. I really want something with depth of field preview, autofocus would be nice but not a must, and I would really enjoy it to not be fully manual (for when I'm taking pictures for fun). I have come to the conclusion that with most of those options I will probably be looking more at a SLR. I know pentax used to have some really good SLR's out but most have been retired now. If you can help give me some recommendations that would be great.

EDIT: From what I've been reading online Pentax no longer makes film. I do know that for the next two years for my classes all I can use is a film camera so I mine as well get something that will aide me in getting my perfect shots.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links