Film SLR Recommendations

This is a discussion on Film SLR Recommendations within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Hello I am fairly new to photography and I currently have a Nikon D200 but I would like to get into some film photography for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello I am fairly new to photography and I currently have a Nikon D200 but I would like to get into some film photography for fun. I have also seen alot of Film SLR's on eBay for $100 or less but I do not know what to look for besides it being in good condition. I have seen Yashica but never heard of them before *I don't get out much* and I have also heard of the Canon's AE-1. So suggestions of what you had would be good.
    ~ Nikon D200~Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR ~ Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm VR ~ Nikon SB 800 ~ Whale Tail Light Diffuser best diffuser I have ever used ~
    "When all else fails...." -Ham radio operators world wide

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hello I am fairly new to photography and I currently have a Nikon D200 but I would like to get into some film photography for fun. I have also seen alot of Film SLR's on eBay for 0 or less but I do not know what to look for besides it being in good condition. I have seen Yashica but never heard of them before *I don't get out much* and I have also heard of the Canon's AE-1. So suggestions of what you had would be good.
    If you already have a Nikon D200 then you will probably want to stick with a Nikon film camera for lens interchangabilty (sp?). I'm not really sure how much you want to spend, but here's a place to start.

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=item...mp;cat3=Cameras

PEOPLE STILL USE FILM...LOL
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    PEOPLE STILL USE FILM...LOL
    ~*!erin!*~
    website
    flickr
    jpg
    Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6
    Canon EF 35-80mm f/1:4-5.6

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Does it have to be a SLR?

A really fun, cheap, film camera to play with is the Holga or Diana.
    ~Vinnie

The Black Dog's Photographer
    Minolta Maxxum 7D
    Fuji FinePix S7000
    Minolta x-700
    Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B
    Seneca Folding Scout
    Holga 120N
    Polariod One Step

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I have a 10 yr old point and shoot canon that presents outstanding results on film.

Go for it !!

Patrick
    Nikon D700 / D40 - Nikon 16-35mm, Nikon 50mm F1.8 Prime, Tamron 90mm F2.8 Macro, Sigma 70-300 F4

www.pmc-photography.co.uk

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I'm selling a canon Ti......want it?
    ~*!erin!*~
    website
    flickr
    jpg
    Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6
    Canon EF 35-80mm f/1:4-5.6

Yes I was actually just looking at the Holga and thought that looked like a pretty neat little camera. With all of the accessories that you could use and such but as for the Diana? I have never heard of it gotta look it up here real soon.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Later in the day:

lackDog's Posted Today, 11:05 AM
    Does it have to be a SLR?
    Well after looking around I think I might end up getting a Holga as I am pretty much going to just use the camera for fun, more as a hobby. I figure I already got a pretty decent camera but want something to play around with and not have to spend $800 for a new lense haha. Well thankyou all for your help.
    ~ Nikon D200~Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR ~ Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm VR ~ Nikon SB 800 ~ Whale Tail Light Diffuser best diffuser I have ever used ~
    "When all else fails...." -Ham radio operators world wide

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Depending if you want to have automatic settings or not, id suggest getting either a canon eos series or i personally love my old fully manual pentax. good stuff. The canon i got and it made it way easier to switch to digital canon. since you have a nikon id suggest getting one of those. less of a hassle to figure out a camera you already have a likeness of. But seriously, the pentax is a great camera. I use it about as much as i use my dslr.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well after looking around I think I might end up getting a Holga as I am pretty much going to just use the camera for fun, more as a hobby.
    I LOVE my Holga. This goofy little camera can take some wickedly wonderful pictures. I'm sure you'll have fun with it!
    ~Vinnie

The Black Dog's Photographer
    Minolta Maxxum 7D
    Fuji FinePix S7000
    Minolta x-700
    Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B
    Seneca Folding Scout
    Holga 120N
    Polariod One Step

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads