Black & White Pictures

This is a discussion on Black & White Pictures within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Thanks George (Yorkshireman) made it for me from my Funny Face photoshoot I posted in "People" Yes, go with "print" - you won't want slide ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Black & White Pictures

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks George (Yorkshireman) made it for me from my Funny Face photoshoot I posted in "People"

Yes, go with "print" - you won't want slide film.
    So they can just develop those at any common place they develop pictures?
    Of course this being in B&W.

I don't want to be stuck with a roll of great B&W pictures and not being able to get them.
    Or maybe having to pay a LOT for someone to develop them.
    - Damage Inc. / MicHaeL
    PS: Excuse my sometimes long signatures, I just try to be specific and detailed.

EquipmentDigital: Previously Canon PowerShot A520 (2004 / 4MP) - Currently Canon PowerShot SX100 IS (2007 / 8MP)Film: Might be trying an old Olympus Trip 35 (still...)Printer: Canon PIXMA iP5000 DeskInkJet - HP A826 PhotoprinterScanner: Epson Perfection 3590 PHOTOAccessories: SanDisk Extreme III SDHC [4GB] / Canon PSC-100 / Canon NB4-300

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    They should be able to do it....but why don't you call a local developing place and ask them if it makes you feel more comfortable
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    They should be able to do it....but why don't you call a local developing place and ask them if it makes you feel more comfortable
    Yes, I should see how many places there are that do that around here.
    At least to make sure what it would cost of course...

But you know, you have those stores that also have this photo-service.
    Only, those might be good but they kinda feel like... too standard and everything.
    Wouldn't it be better if it would be at a pure individual photographing-store?
    Or doesn't it really matter?...
    - Damage Inc. / MicHaeL
    PS: Excuse my sometimes long signatures, I just try to be specific and detailed.

EquipmentDigital: Previously Canon PowerShot A520 (2004 / 4MP) - Currently Canon PowerShot SX100 IS (2007 / 8MP)Film: Might be trying an old Olympus Trip 35 (still...)Printer: Canon PIXMA iP5000 DeskInkJet - HP A826 PhotoprinterScanner: Epson Perfection 3590 PHOTOAccessories: SanDisk Extreme III SDHC [4GB] / Canon PSC-100 / Canon NB4-300

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    not sure I have an opinion either way on that.
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Live long and photograph
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Most of the 1 hour drop of locations can't process true b&w film. they have to send it off to a different lab, and it usually takes a few days to get processed. However, they do make b&w film that can be processed in the C-41 chemistry that is used for color film. Kodak makes two different kinds of these b&w c-41 process films.
    WarrenT

"Learn to photograph not what something is, but what else it is" - Minor White

Warren Taylor Art

Banned
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    sound like a good way to chang your schedule.

长业(cy35.cn)出口顾问:代理进出口|报关报检|出口退税|贸易融资|物流通关

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Late last year I thought about getting back into some film, so I bought a camera on eBay, and some rolls of film in Walmart. When it came to processing I was shocked at how expensive it is, and decided I can do black and white with my digital camera. The film camera went back on eBay.

Equipment
    Canon, Cambro/Calumet
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good grief, Tri-X is $4.29 a 36 exp roll at B&H. For another $40 you can buy film tank/rolls which are good forever and the chemistry to develop a couple dozen rolls. Figure $2 a roll after buying the equipment. Super easy to do and you only need a dark room (not darkroom) to load the reels; otherwise everything else is done in the light of day. When I was in photography school I'd buy Tri-X in 100' rolls and load my own cans because it was about half the price of buying by the 24 or 36 roll but I don't know if it's still available that way.

The biggest difference I see in black and white is not necessarily the film but the paper and a quick glance at present day supplies wouldn't inspire me to leave the digital realm anytime soon.
    Last edited by DSRay; 04-28-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    Capture all the photons you want; the universe will make more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links