polaroid film

This is a discussion on polaroid film within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Hi everyone, another general question; what are the current thoughts on using polaroid film. How does it compare with other print film? thanks michael...

Thread: polaroid film

Hi everyone,

another general question; what are the current thoughts on using polaroid film. How does it compare with other print film?

thanks

michael

Dreamweaver611
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I used some a cople of years ago. The quality is lame...It is cheep so I would almost give them away at $5 for a 12 shot roll when I was out shooting sports...I let them know upfront that the quality is low....

thanks for that, do you remember which type of film it was? 600, 1200, or other polaroid?

michael

Dreamweaver611
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I believe 400...
    I had only printed up 4x6's...they lacked detail and not too sharp...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    The quality is low, and they do lack detail and aren't too sharp, but's that's what's good about them.
    They are somewhat of a novelty camera I suppose. They are great for the low saturated colours, but considering all stocks of polaroid film are no longer being manufactured it's going to be a dead medium in a short period of time.

Wait...I just relaized these initial posts are from almost a year ago, oh well.

haha - I'm just about to head out to buy a few more packs of polaroid film right now.

I use my polaroid for similar reasons I use my holga and pretty much any camera that *isn't* my slr - and none of those reasons are print quality! It's just about the character of it all really.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links