Canon 28-300 L or NEW! Sigma 28-300 IF pro lens

This is a discussion on Canon 28-300 L or NEW! Sigma 28-300 IF pro lens within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Hey Guys, First post on your illustrious forum, I've been out of still photography for a very long time, but I was in the past ...

Hey Guys,
    First post on your illustrious forum, I've been out of still photography for a very long time, but I was in the past a photo editor for a newspaper and magazine back in the college days,so as you know you really never loose the bug.

So, I sold my Canon 10D and Tamron 18-200 lens and decided to invest in a better camera and way better glass.

This is where I need you help . . . . .
    I've decided on the 40D, more than enough camera for my style and type of shooting which is mostly travel , outdoors stuff, minimum sports etc. . . .

I was ordering the Canon 28-300 L, but the sales guy talked me out of it and suggested the NEW! Sigma 28-300 IF Pro series lens it's lighter but it is better or equivelent to the Canon L series. They are both around $2000 so, HELP?.

I am considering these lenses because Changing lenses in the backcountry of the Chugash Mountain range in the middle of Alaska sucks with all your skii gear on.

Hook a brother up . . . . .Please?

and one more thing,
    Living in Cal. is there any one place that is better than the other to get this camera and lenses other than Samys, B&H or J&R.

Thanks guys

Peace Out
    Rob

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I have the 40D and like it... I bought mine at samys hollywood... I think the 28 to 300 is a little slow... I understand not wanting to change lenses but your giving up as much as 2 stops at times....
    Canon 40D
    10-22 EFS 3.5-4.5 USM
    24-70 EF 2.8 L USM
    70-200 EF 2.8 L IS USM
    50 EF 1.4 USM
    50 EF 2.5 Macro
    580 EX Flash

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links