4x5 View Cameras

This is a discussion on 4x5 View Cameras within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; I'm thinking about getting into large format (4x5). I was wondering if there is anybody on the forum who currently shoots or has shot in ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I'm thinking about getting into large format (4x5). I was wondering if there is anybody on the forum who currently shoots or has shot in large format. I would use it for landscapes and architecture so any ideas on brand preference, lens preference, etc. would be appreciated.

I have been attempting to learn/fix and old 4x5 that we got off ebay for cheap. They're good cameras if you get it right. Great for architecture because of the ways in which you can adjust the lens to minimize distortion (though, that takes practice).

I know that the best medium format cameras are Hasselblads and I had thought that they made larger format cameras also but I'm having trouble finding examples so I'm probably wrong about that. I've heard some good things about Toyo cameras though.

Either way, you can usually find some good deals on ebay. Someone will inherit a camera that they have no idea how to use and sell it along with all of it's lenses for dirt cheap not realizing how much it's worth.

Sorry if that's not helpful at all but I'm still learning about this type of thing.

I've used a 4x5 Speed Graphic and really enjoyed it. I also have a 120/220 film roll adapter for it. There are some good buys out there if you look hard enough.
    To make a difference in someones day or life, just be nice.

IAFF L-726

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links