Opinions on Yashica SLRs

This is a discussion on Opinions on Yashica SLRs within the Film Photography Equipment forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; hey again Thought I'd fish for thoughts on these cameras. My older brother has an old Yashica Electro AX, which was the first SLR I ...

hey again

Thought I'd fish for thoughts on these cameras. My older brother has an old Yashica Electro AX, which was the first SLR I actually used (I also had a broken Nikkormat, which I later repaired and used to great effect for years...still do, in fact), with a screw-mount 50/1.7 lens and I thought it was just incredible in terms of optical quality. I've also heard that these old Yashicas are absolute dogs when it comes to reliability, at least with the electronics. And finally I've noticed that Yashica gear, both the old screw-mount and later Contax-type mount, is crazy cheap on eBay. Now, I'm a sucker for anything that's not what everybody else uses (not to mention anything that's cheap) so I'd be curious what others thought of this stuff. thx

cheers,

Billy S.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I know some people who swear by Yashica

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    A guy I used to work with about 25 years ago did weddings with a Yashica Mat 124G twin lens reflex. He made a lot of money with that camera.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links