3D Slides from the 1950's/1960's

This is a discussion on 3D Slides from the 1950's/1960's within the Family History Photos forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; My parents passed away in the last few years and in cleaning out their house I discovered hundreds of 3D "stereo" slides that were shot ...

Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    My parents passed away in the last few years and in cleaning out their house I discovered hundreds of 3D "stereo" slides that were shot on Kodachrome and Ektachrome back in the 1950's and '60's. What a find of family photos!

The're in excellent to mint condition! I even have the original camera they were shot with and a stereo slide viewer (I'll post all the details if anyone is interested).

The photos comprise my parent's honeymoon, and many events through my early childhood.

I'd like to have them converted to something... with the advent of 3D technology around the corner, what are my options? We don't have a 3D television yet, but who knows in several years? It would be awesome to have a 3D slide show on a high def 3D television.

I'll probably look at getting them scanned - is there anyone doing anything with 3D yet? If not- what are my options for regular 2D? Can typical slide scanners safely handle the stereo mounted slides (they are the width of 3 normal 35mm slides)?

Thoughts and discussion appreciated.

Regards,
    Marlo

Check out my blog! --- http://marlomontanaro.wordpress.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The best way to view is probably still using the original 3D slide viewer. I have done something like this with ordinary slides by taking tow images at a slightly different angle. I modified a child's viewer finder toy to hold slides.

Pretty cool stuff but even with all of the modern technology I'm not sure there is much you can do easily. The old 3D viewer is still the best option. If you find out a new tech way of viewing these that's not too expensive I'd certaily be interested.

Charles
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I have done something like this with ordinary slides by taking tow images at a slightly different angle. https://sanclementeconcrete.com/

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links