My dad on the force

This is a discussion on My dad on the force within the Family History Photos forums, part of the PHOTO PROJECTS category; The granddaughter of officer Stokes sent me a scanned image of a print she had. I cleaned up a lot of wear & tear marks, ...

The granddaughter of officer Stokes sent me a scanned image of a print she had. I cleaned up a lot of wear & tear marks, removed a few branches and window reflections. My dad is third from the left. He served with the Porterdale Police Force for 29 years, as chief for his last nine years on the force. I'm guessing the photo was taken sometime in the mid 1950's.

...An old beginner...
    Canon Rebel XSi w/EFS 18-135 and a couple of kit lens - 18-55, 55-250
    Canon Speedlite 430EX II
    Corel 5X
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0
    Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3

PHOTO EDITING OK
    They look very dapper!
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I think its wonderful that you have this photo. We can never forget where we came from, and who we came from. Without things like this, all will be forgotten some day. This keeps it all alive.

David
    Canon 50D
    Canon 7D
    EF 70-200mm f4L IS
    EF 100mm f2.8L IS Macro
    EF 24-105mm f4 IS
    Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6

Sigma DG 150-500mm f5-6.3
    Mitz 44AF-1 Flash
    Mitz 48AF-1 Flash

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice picture. Great job cleaning it up also..I love looking at old pictures.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    As a History major and soon to be History teacher, I really enjoy old photos like this one. Great photo.

Wow great shot and great job fixing it up. Have you thought about playing with the levels, curves and channels a bit to fix the exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by rdtagman View Post
    The granddaughter of officer Stokes sent me a scanned image of a print she had. I cleaned up a lot of wear & tear marks, removed a few branches and window reflections. My dad is third from the left. He served with the Porterdale Police Force for 29 years, as chief for his last nine years on the force. I'm guessing the photo was taken sometime in the mid 1950's.

Thanks for share this historical photo,this is awesome photo.Your father and him friend are looking Georges.This is unforgeable and wonderful photo.keep is share good army photo.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    You have a wonderful idea in compiling your old photos of your father great job.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like old photos to bring us that feeling, and reminds us of the past, think of where we come from, these are really good things.

Equipment
    nikon d5100
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good picture you have..something worth keeping for. I don't have much pictures of my dad, I lost him when I was still eleven years old.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links