VERY new to this!

This is a discussion on VERY new to this! within the Exposure (ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture) forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Let me start by saying Im very new to photography and this forum. I have had my Nikon D3000 for about 6 months and am ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Let me start by saying Im very new to photography and this forum. I have had my Nikon D3000 for about 6 months and am still trying to figure out how to use it. I really only take pictures of my children and family but I recently took a picture that I love and want to have it put on stetched canvas. I went through snapfish but it says my resolution is too low. Can anyone help?? (I have about a million questions!)

You have a million questions??? And so do I. First off file size. How did you save your picture file? jpeg or raw? The larger the file size the larger you can print your picture. Raw is larger than jpeg. I dont know the D3000 so Im not sure the megapixel size it shoots at. The larger the megapixel file size the larger you can print. When you were told your file size was too small, was that the original hi res file you sent? If your original file is not large enough the only thing I can think of to make it printable is to make it larger with a program like Genuine Fractals. It does a nice job enlarging files up to 800% before pixelation starts to show. Of course, the closer to 100% the better but if you must enlarge, do so carefully.
    I wont shoot a wedding for any amount of money.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links