High speed photo help

This is a discussion on High speed photo help within the Exposure (ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture) forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Hey guys ive been reading a little bit on here but havent really found a answer yet so I thought I would just ask lol. ...

Hey guys ive been reading a little bit on here but havent really found a answer yet so I thought I would just ask lol. Anyways Im going to the 24 hours of Daytona in a few weeks and have been wondering if its better to just leave my camera on its sports mode or if I can make it faster in manal ? Last race I whent to the cars came out a little blurry, I have a Cannon rebel xt.
    Do you guys have any suggestion on the best shutter speed and all that stuff ?
    Also what do you guys suggest for the night time part of the race ? I only have the standard flash.

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    manual will only be faster if you know how to use it. but i still wouldn't use manual for an event like that. i'd go with shutter priority. a flash isn't going to help you.

for sharp handheld shutter speed your shutter speed needs to equal or be faster than 1/focal length. so if you have a 70-300mm lens and it's zoomed out to 300mm then your shutter speed needs to be 1/1.6*300 or 1/480s or faster. so 1/1000 would be a good shutter speed and 1/80 would be a bad choice. to get the cars to come out sharp look into panning techniques, just watch the guy's head in front of you if you're using a longer lens. or you could just check the lcd screen and zoom in to the cars to see if they're blurry.

when it gets dark you'll need to increase your iso, and decrease your shutter speed if at all possible but it's possible you still may not get great shots.

Thanks for the advice at least ill have 24 hours to figure it out lol.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links