Low down views

This is a discussion on Low down views within the Experimental Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I wanted to experiment with shooting from low points of view but I don't want to keep bending down and putting my camera on the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John B.

Thread: Low down views

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Low down views

I wanted to experiment with shooting from low points of view but I don't want to keep bending down and putting my camera on the sidewalk, especially in public. So I took a piece of flat aluminum bar, 30 inches in length by 1" wide and 1/8" thick. I bent the end for the camera to sit on, and drilled a hole in it through which I put a bolt to hold the camera in place. It couldn't be a more simple device. I hold the rod with the camera strap, and attach a remote trigger. A wide angle lens can give some interesting shots. My remote trigger has gone bad so I had to use a cord remote but that tends to bring the contraption to people's attention more easily because I need to hold the trigger in my left hand with the cord dangling across my legs. Now all I need to do is to get another cordless remote and find somewhere interesting to go and shoot. Just a warning if anyone copies this device. Make sure the bolt you use is short enough so it doesn't penetrate into the inside of your camera and damage it. It only needs 1/4" of bolt into the camera. Oh, and one more thing: Don't be snapping photos close to women in short dresses, or you could find yourself in trouble.

Attachment 32825
    MountainRider likes this.

Equipment
    Nikon
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Cool.....I'm going to have to give this a shot.
    Nikon D300 - Nikkor 18-55VR, 55-200, 70-300VR - Sigma 50-500 (Bigma)
    Bogen Manfrotto Tripod, Manfrotto Monopod, & Ballheads
    All stuffed into two Pelican waterproof cases.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Here is a photo of the gizmo to hold the camera. I had to put a thin piece of rubber on it for the camera to sit on to give it some grip and prevent it from turning. Here the camera is shown with a wireless shutter release. It enables one to walk around town and take photos of just about everything, without people wondering if you're taking their photo. And incidentally, my remote trigger had not gone bad. I was just using the wrong cord.

Attachment 32838

PHOTO EDITING OK
    For some reason I am reminded of those "invisible dog" leashes. Frankly I would be very reluctant to bring this thing out on a public sidewalk. I applaud your inventivness.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Designer View Post
    For some reason I am reminded of those "invisible dog" leashes. Frankly I would be very reluctant to bring this thing out on a public sidewalk. I applaud your inventivness.
    I'm reluctant to hold a camera to my eye and photograph people on the street. That would more easily draws stares than something dangling down near one's feet, I would think. Mostly, though, it's just for low angles. And they may not even notice the metal bar. Maybe I should paint it matte black.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I wonder that you don't post a foto, the thing this site is designed for.

Homie don't click links: easy for you, dangerous for me.
    Santa María Ahuacatitlán, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Méjico

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. Emiliano Zapata

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links