Light Painting -

This is a discussion on Light Painting - within the Experimental Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; A small project - Any C&C is always welcome -...

Cold Creek Studios.com
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    A small project -
    Any C&C is always welcome -

Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner.
    ~Author Unknown
    ----------------------------------------------------------

PHOTO EDITING OK
    That's a pretty exciting and creative thing to do.

How did you get the red line to meet so exactly? What did you use to put the AAs together?

I think if you connected the batteries with wires or a thin red line like the one to the bulb, and made the lighting to look like the bulb was shining on the batteries and surface, it could approach stunning.

Cold Creek Studios.com
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by marionet View Post
    How did you get the red line to meet so exactly? What did you use to put the AAs together?

I think if you connected the batteries with wires or a thin red line like the one to the bulb, and made the lighting to look like the bulb was shining on the batteries and surface, it could approach stunning.
    Thanks Marionet -

The red line took at least 100 takes to get so exact ! (Shhh..... don't tell anyone my secret...but its a red Christmas light with cardboard wrapped around it with a small hole poked in the card board and a very long shutter... but don't tell anyone my secret !) I did use a flashlight to shine on the bulb for a couple of seconds before the shutter closed, that why the bulb is kinda illuminated. Light painting is some kinda fun... Just bring your patience with you !!!

Believe it or not its magic holding the batteries together (No - not really - tape and cardboard)

I do like the idea of shining the bulb on the batteries and surface -- I may have to explore that idea -- BUT then again after all the takes to get this shot..... we will have to put that on the back burner for now.
    Not enough time in the day now for all the projects i want to try -

Thanks for looking -
    Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner.
    ~Author Unknown
    ----------------------------------------------------------

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Cool Man

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like this too. Very creative! I love light painting and think it has many creative possibilities.
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links