Portret with Vintage camera anno 1920

This is a discussion on Portret with Vintage camera anno 1920 within the Experimental Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; This picture is taken with an old vintage kodak 1A camera from 1920. The film is a 116 type and is no longer available, so ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    This picture is taken with an old vintage kodak 1A camera from 1920.
    The film is a 116 type and is no longer available, so I used a 120mm film from Ilford.
    I had to adjust the reel with some washers. If you would like to know how, just ask and I will be pleased to share this with you.

I developed the picture in the kitchen ( my wife was not to pleased, but that is nothing new :P )
    Off course this is a scanned picture from the negatief and is not all that good.

Never the less , It was a nice trial.

Below the actual picture and the camera I used.

One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style....

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I would love to work with such a camera. Nice model, too.
    But if it is ment to be a portret, then why isn't it in the mode "portret"? I belive a portret should reveal only the portret of a person, not the entire body, and it has to be very well defined and separated from the background, by a short DOF, but not too short, because the portret has to be in focut, though. And a focus on the eyes helps, as well as the composition and the very well choosen light. Maybe you got the time to work again with that model, try different aproachings, try to read something about the portret photos, and try to do it by yourself. You have a great camera with film, so there you are, you need the subsect and the mood.

Hope to see you soon...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    In the strict sense, portrait is just the head and shoulders but it comes from "portray", which means to show or display; so some portraits show more than head and shoulders. I think the most common additions to head-and-shoulders are the subject's hands. "Landscape" crops aren't common but are totally acceptable if they portray the subject.

Good job with the washers. What developer did you use?

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Reminds me of the old ensign carbine I have circa 1926 - uses 120 roll film, still sworks too but not used in 30 years

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links